Technical Curriculum Developer - Security
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Splunk, we know that effective education is key to our success. Are you a skilled individual with experience developing curriculum on deep technical topics with knowledge of enterprise-level cloud security?
We are looking for a Technical Curriculum Developer who quickly masters advanced technical subjects and can craft instructional material and labs that are concise, accurate and outcome-based.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Openness, flexibility, passion, creativity, and a sense of humor are valued here.
* Designs and develops outstanding technical course content and lab exercises
* Scopes training development projects, estimates time required accurately, manages progress, and employs leadership skill to drive the project to successful launch aligned with plans
* Manages multiple concurrent projects and consults widely across organizations to determine objectives; locates all information needed for the development of courses; communicates promptly when obstacles arise
* Utilizes subject matter expert time efficiently after first pursuing answers independently; builds solid relationships with colleagues across organizations
* Ensures learning and performance objectives are effective and tailored to the learner and that the training materials meet performance objectives
* Develops hands-on labs, data generators, and grading applications; builds and maintains lab server environments
* Loves to learn, collaborates efficiently, shares knowledge, and is happy to cover new and temporary projects when needed.
* Outstanding problem-solver, negotiator, diversity advocate, and relationship-builder
* Strong technical background; able to grasp and convey highly technical subject matter
* 2+ years of hands-on experience developing technical courseware and building lab environments
* Experience with information security, distributed enterprise software, cloud computing, Linux OS, Linux command line, and AWS EC2 or similar environments
* Experience with distributed software systems environments / deployments
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize effectively
* High aptitude for managing and solving tactical issues
* Methodical and discerning, delivers viable solutions, innovates, and executes flawlessly
* Minimum of a bachelor's degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.