Sr./ Product Manager - Observability, APM
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Sr. Product Manager on the Observability Team at Splunk, you will work in an entrepreneurial, cross-functional and collaborative environment, working with engineering, design, marketing and sales counterparts to define and drive key functionalities in the APM Product. This is the opportunity to join at the ground floor of a product line that'll serve the rapidly growing cloud monitoring space.
Drive key areas of APM product roadmap while ensuring your focus areas align with our broader product, customer and company needs
* Understand customer and user needs in depth; communicate those needs crisply and succinctly within Splunk; and work with design and engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap, high-impact, innovative features, and sharp product requirements
* Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into product direction
* Collaborate with product marketing, support and the sales team to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
* Ability to dive into a new fast-moving domain, learn quickly and prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions
* Bias-to-action, willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
* Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
* Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills, Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole, willing and able to dive deep into technical requirements
* Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience and energy
* A passion for customer journey, user experience, usability and a knack for simplicity;
* Experience with developing software, understanding engineering tradeoffs, and an intuition for the needs of the developers and operators who use our products
* 2+ years of experience in product management or technical product management role
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field + MBA from top-tier program
* Background in enterprise SaaS; prior experience with Data-Center / Cloud / Container / Developer Tools; bonus if those were monitoring or data analytics products
* Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
If you'd like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.