Senior Solution Architect - IT Integration Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Sr. Solution Architect within the Enterprise Architecture group, you will play an important role in the success of our data integration strategy that directly impacts critical internal business processes that run our $2B+ and growing business. You will be responsible for defining the overall solution and technical architecture for our data integration platform that meets our vision for a Programmable Enterprise, while providing data integration solutions and subject matter expertise for a variety of complex internal business scenarios across the enterprise. You will need to utilize your deep data integration technologies, expertise with integration design patterns, and business application integration experience. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while delivering within an agile delivery framework to meet key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work within timelines, balance various tasks simultaneously while contributing to the positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for influencing ideas throughout the company.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
* Lead the overall solution and technical design and implementation for a robust and scalable data integration and API platform.
* Provide data integration solution design and subject matter expertise across the enterprise to meet business requirements.
* Facilitate the evaluation and selection of integration tools and technologies to meet business needs and demands.
* Define and advise partners on merger and acquisition of data integration and migration strategies.
* Perform proof-of-concepts (POC) to prove out solutions and establish a core codebase ready for implementation.
* Produce as-is and to-be application integration solution architecture for a variety of scenarios to meet business requirements and scale the company.
* Document data flows in relevant segments and ratify data ownership and retention policy with appropriate partners.
* Produce high-quality deployment architecture diagrams that describe the solution and implementation details.
* Participate in organization-wide project planning activities with project managers to advise on integration implementation strategies and cross-team dependencies.
* Partner closely with project managers, product managers, and engineering managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives to meet solution designs.
* Represent the IT organization as the domain expert for data integration and API reference architecture and ensure alignment across partners.
* Collaborate with the broader architecture community, such as Architectural Review Board (ARB) and Enterprise Architects Council (EAC), to provide feedback on strategies and standards.
* Produce executive presentations and present simple solutions to complex problems to diverse stakeholders across the company.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
* 10+ years of demonstrable technical integration experience within IT application development environments.
* 8+ years of technical architecture experience within the middleware area.
* 5+ years of recent experience delivering solutions for the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform.
* Experience designing technical integration solutions for Salesforce, SAP S4/HANA, and Workday.
* Familiarity with enterprise architecture frameworks such as Zachman and/or TOGAF
* Expert knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts and practices.
* Deep understanding of data integration and API concepts, patterns, and technologies.
* Demonstrable experience working in an Agile software development environment.
* Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to convey abstract and complex concepts.
* Excellent written documentation, technical diagrams, and executive presentation abilities.
* Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Francisco and San Jose offices to meet with key partners.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
* Experience designing high availability, publish and subscribe systems.
* Experience with AWS Application Integration and Compute products.
* Hold a current MuleSoft Certified Platform/Integration Architect certification.
Education: Got it!
* BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
* A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
* A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
* Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
* A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's 'Best Places to Work' by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.