Product Design Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a passion for building data-driven products? Do you want to be part of an innovative team that is building the next generation of data-driven products for IT, Security, and Business Analytics? The Core Products group at Splunk is looking for a product management intern to work closely with our PM and engineering teams to help define and implement best-in-class data experiences for our customers.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a track record of technical expertise and product responsibility. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work (both native mobile and mobile back-end) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software.
As a Product Design Intern you will be responsible for …
* Creating wireframes for various page templates on the website
* Developing user flows to help articulate screen flows and system requirements
* Building out user scenarios and identify key personas (some persona creation may be applicable)
* Supporting end user research including usability testing, user interviews, and metrics analysis to inform designs
* Helping develop web style guide and write guidelines for use
* Create detailed specification of user interface interactions and designs
* Incorporate UI/UX best practices in website design and layout, and adapt designs for responsive formats
* Creating user interface prototypes when necessary (optional depending on skillset)
* Collaborating with team members on UX deliverables and designs
* Successfully communicating the specifics of user centered design process
* Interested in the latest web technologies and design trends
* Background knowledge or interest in Usability Testing and User Centered Design is a plus
* You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
* You enjoy working within an agile environment
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written
* You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and strong record of academic achievement.
What We Offer You:
* The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
* A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
* A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.