Product Design Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
Design at Splunk is at the center of our how we build and ship products our users love to use. We're a team of designers, user researchers, and design program managers that move fast and focus on delivering clear and beautiful enterprise solutions to our customers.
As a product design architect, you're responsible for the user experience strategy for Splunk's portfolio of products and services. You'll work closely with the design leadership team, engineering architects, product management leaders, marketing teams, sales, customer success, and other teams across the org to deeply understand the platforms and systems underlying Splunk's offerings. You'll also work with teams across the company to deeply understand our product strategy and help craft our user experience strategy across these products and services with a focus on bringing these solutions together so they're easier to use for our customers.
You will focus on important cross-product solutions for Splunk and work with cross-functional teams to drive user experience strategy that will help us leverage and possibly redefine our engineering systems to deliver the end to end experiences our customers expect.
* A strategic leader with experience building and shaping user experience strategy for complex enterprise solutions.
* Empathetic leader who's able to lead by example and be a role model for other designers, especially individual contributors, on the design team.
* Able to quickly onboard on new domains and solutions based on customer demand and needs.
* Great collaborator and communicator who's able to work across the organization to understand, shape, and deliver simple and beautiful solutions to our customers.
* Have the necessary skills and technical knowledge to understand a deeply technical product portfolio and to drive the right conversations with engineers, product managers, and customers.
* Great systems thinker and solutions architect. You've been able to build solutions from pieces and deliver a user experience strategy that can be translated into a product roadmap.
* A user-centered and customer-focused design leader. You have experience working closely with technically savvy customers. You are able to clearly understand their requirements and translate those requirements into experiences and solutions Splunk can deliver within our portfolio.
* Able to dig deep and understand customer, industry, and market trends to deliver solutions that help Splunk remain competitive and ahead of the curve and to deliver the user experience strategy that will position our solutions first.
* Led user experience strategy for large enterprise-level applications, or applications of similar complexity, before.
* Worked with engineering architects, product management leadership, and leaders across your company to understand and help shape product strategy.
* Delivered end to end experiences focused on solution-first user experience that have been designed and delivered to customers.
* Experience leading and mentoring junior and senior product designers and user researchers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a remote position located in the US. You must be able to work on the West Coast time zone (PST). For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.