Employment Type: Full-Time
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Escalation Manager
The Escalation Manager is a member of the Incident Management Team at Splunk, which leads and handles escalations resulting from product, services, account management, customer experience, adoption and renewal related topics. This team brings strategy, structure, executive attention, and additional internal resources to customer challenges that would otherwise result in a high level of customer dissatisfaction. The Escalation Manager will be responsible for managing and driving to resolution high profile customer critical issues, analyzing escalation trends and reporting back to leadership on the drivers of customer dissatisfaction. This is a senior role at Splunk requiring an individual who can take charge in high stress situations and give direction to both customer personnel and to Splunk engineers to drive expeditious resolution of incidents.
* Independently drive and monitor complex escalations from initiation through resolution by developing a success-driven plan while leading a cross-functional team with customer and internal key stakeholders.
* Report and escalate efforts to resolve complex customer experience problems
* Lead support response both with the customer and internally to key stakeholders and senior leadership.
* Advise Senior Leadership of any developments and action plans. Sets customer expectations and provides updates regarding troubleshooting and resolution action plan in external communications.
* Provide process improvement recommendations for improving customer experience
* Analyze escalation trends and produce strategic recommendations to proactively address systemic issues
* Review and refine Escalation Management process, protocols, dashboards and run-books
* Restore the customers confidence in Splunk and Splunk products
* 5+ years account management, consultation, project management, escalation management and/or technical support experience
* Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively verbally and in writing with both customers and internally at Splunk
* Strong customer service with the ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Ability to build relationships and influence Senior Leadership
* Ability to have difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
* Ability to collaborate with peers and work cross-function as needed with Product and/ or Engineering teams
* Proven knowledge of ITIL frameworks (Incident, Escalation, Problem primarily)
* Negotiation, mediation and conflict management skills
* Rotating on-call weekend work as the business requires as well as holiday coverage
* Expected to travel to customer sites as needed. Up to 30% travel expected
* Critical thinking, decision-making ability
* Strong data analytics and report management skills
* Ability to manage multiple customer escalations at varying levels including case documentation
* Understanding of a wide array of software, SAAS platform technologies
* Salesforce, Jira, Confluence, Google suite experience are a plus
Nice to have:
* Experience with specific tools (SFDC, Jira, Confluence)
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle
* Critical thinking, decision-making abilities
* Fundamental understanding/overview of Splunk or similar data collection software
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.