Head of Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full-Time
Spirent is seeking a highly self-motivated and dynamic global leader, reporting to the Vice-President of Global Operations, who will lead a global Supply Chain team of Procurement and Operations professionals through a period of transformation and growth. The candidate will act as a transformational catalyst for our procurement source-to-pay strategy and associated objectives required to drive cost-effective purchase, sourcing, contracting, supplier management, inventory control, planning, and quality control of production materials. In addition, the candidate will lead and navigate the ever-changing global trade landscape, requiring leadership, operational agility, and transformation around manufacturing sourcing and system integration center operations.
The Head of Supply Chain is responsible for leading a global team focused on value creation, cost reduction targets, supplier and contract manufacturing development, commercial optimization, securing product supply, services, system integration center operations, delivering products to customers, demand planning, and ensuring business operations.
In this leadership role, the successful candidate will lead and be a change agent for a global cross-functional team developing a strategic approach to the corporate procurement source-to-pay process digitalization for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services. This role oversees and implements change across the supply chain lifecycle from spend analysis through to purchase order through delivery of products and services. The Supply Chain Lead is responsible for planning, staffing, budgeting, and managing expense priorities of all procurement and system integration center operations activities. This role will be accountable to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with team members across different functions, regions, and at different levels within the organization.
Spirent. Promise. Assured.
Spirent is the leading global provider of automated test and assurance solutions for networks, cybersecurity, and positioning. Our innovative portfolio of products and services addresses the test, assurance, and automation challenges of a new generation of technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles, and beyond. Each year we assure the promises that more than 1,500 customers worldwide make to their customers, spanning communications, transportation, government, defense, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, retail, and more. Our network, cybersecurity, and positioning experts work closely with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that cover their entire technology lifecycle, from the lab to real-world deployment.
Why Spirent?... Because together we can shape tomorrow
Spirent is its people! When you join the Spirent team, you will join forces and work alongside some of the most passionate and greatest subject matter experts in the industry. Here, you will find a place where you can grow, think, explore, create, and make change happen in an innovative and creative environment. Success is important to us, and so is your personal well-being. At Spirent, you will love the work and life balance experience!
* Establish strategic vision and direction for the supply chain lifecycle function and oversee the execution and development of supply chain procurement and operations strategies, policies, and procedures based on company goals and objectives.
* Oversee and manage all strategic aspects of US supply chain operations including sales and operations planning, production planning, and scheduling based on forward-looking capacity planning, procurement, and inventory planning.
* Manage cross-functional teams using data analytics, market research, benchmarks, and cost modeling to define commodity and category strategies, total landed costs, best practices, and to identify and leverage high-value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value, operational efficiencies, and risk mitigation to the organization.
* Ensure the development and execution of sourcing, operations, and contract management strategies, and support the supply chain needs for the organization with a focus on continuous improvement and excellent business support.
* Identify opportunities to centralize similar types of spend and re-negotiate more favorable commercial contracts to drive efficiency.
* Develop and sustain supplier relationships through direct interaction, responsiveness, accountability, and track and manage supplier performance.
* Oversee the refresh of current procurement practices across the source-to-pay spectrum, establishing and implementing best practice policies, processes, procedures tools, and systems to create a robust best-in-class procurement framework.
* Working with the finance and IT teams, optimize processes and systems throughout the procurement life cycle.
* Rationalize, set up, manage, and enforce policies on vendor selection, use of preferred suppliers, and multi-sourcing to mitigate supply chain risk.
* Working with the business unit, sales, development to optimize processes and delivery of products and services throughout the product lifecycle.
* Establish manufacturing policies and initiatives in Lean Manufacturing techniques, materials usage, shipping and receiving, capacity planning, production scheduling, safety, employee relations, and performance measures. Direct the implementation and execution of the operations processes and policies throughout the organization and system integration sites.
* Provide leadership in areas such as operation performance, functional strategies, new product, and line extension evaluations, asset utilization, capacity analysis, capital expenditures, and cash flow. Lead the understanding and reporting of business performance results, anticipate issues, provide internal/external perspective and recommendations to address issues and improve results.
* Support and lead supply chain transformation initiatives including consolidation of contract manufacturing and disengagement activities. Lead and coordinate product transfer activities across multiple organizations and globally as needed.
* Work with appropriate stakeholders to support supplier development activities, new product introductions, maintenance of acceptable inventory levels, and multi-sourcing projects.
* Build a committed, energetic, and highly skilled team to manage all aspects of procurement and operations throughout the source-to-pay and product life cycle.