Data Communications Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join our team of technical experts! Spencer Technologies provides services throughout the United States and Canada. For almost 40 years, our focus has been on retail and multi-site organizations, with a deep seeded dedication to the industry and the technology supporting it.
Great opportunity for someone who enjoys Field Work in the Retail, Hospitality and Restaurant Industries. Our technicians receive a labor rate and travel rate.
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, PTO, 401(K), and HSA (partially company sponsored).
Installation and repair of data communications lines and equipment
Role and Responsibilities
* Review and complete work orders to move, change, install, repair, or remove data communications equipment such as cabling, wires, POS, CCTV, phone systems, computer terminals, audio systems, DVRs, digital signage, traffic monitoring systems and analytics, people counters, as well as wireless RF units.
* Read technical manuals to learn correct settings for equipment
* Measure, cut, and install wires and cables
* Splice wires or cables
* Connect microcomputer or terminal to data communication lines
* Disassemble equipment and inspects and tests wiring to locate and repair problem
* Modify equipment in accordance with user request
* Test communication lines to ensure that specifications are met
* Enter commands into computer to test equipment
* Read messages on computer screen to verify that data is being transmitted between locations according to specifications
* Plan layout and installation of data communications equipment
* Demonstrate use of equipment
* Experience in cabling (3 years preferred)
* Phone systems experience (3 years preferred)
* Travelling required some overnights
* Available to work evenings, weekends, and overtime
* Must maintain a valid Drivers License
* Driving Record must be incident free for last 3 years
* Able to lift at least 50 lbs
* Able to climb 12 ft ladder
* Able to sit, stand, kneel and/or walk for long periods of time
Salary Range: $28/hr. - $35/hr. based on experience