Analyst, Executive Search and Leadership Advisory Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Spencer Stuart's Analyst program
Company: Spencer Stuart
Location: San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Seattle
Company Type: Leadership Consulting/Professional Services
PURPOSE AND IMPACT
At Spencer Stuart, we discover and develop leadership for a better future. As leadership consulting and executive search professionals, we understand outstanding leaders drive business performance. Through our portfolio of services and deep industry, functional and geographic expertise, we help our clients find complex and integrated solutions to address evolving leadership needs at a global scale. We are known for working collaboratively and executing with discipline, with expertise spanning senior-level executive search, board recruitment, board effectiveness, succession planning, in-depth senior management assessment, employee engagement, culture shaping, merger integration and organizational effectiveness. With unrivaled access to leading executives around the world, Spencer Stuart works with a wide range of clients, including multinational corporations, entrepreneurial businesses, private equity firms, family-owned companies, and nonprofit organizations. Earning a seat at the table, we provide the insight organizations need to build and enhance high-performing boards and executive teams who make a real difference in their organizations.
HISTORY AND KEY FACTS
Spencer Stuart has more than 60 years of experience in leadership consulting. We have built a reputation for delivering real impact for our clients around the world. Spencer Stuart operates as a privately held partnership and has become one of the largest global executive search and leadership consulting firms with:
* 70+ offices in over 30 countries with more than 50 practice specialties
* 2,400 colleagues around the world from diverse professional and personal backgrounds
* Leading-edge capabilities that we continue to augment. In 2019 and early 2020, we expanded our offerings in leadership development and culture and added new capabilities in employee engagement and HR talent and advisory with the acquisitions of several Aon business units (now known as Kincentric, a Spencer Stuart Company) and Cambria Consulting.
At Spencer Stuart, we have a long-standing commitment to diversity as evidenced through our partnerships, initiatives, and achievements:
* Our diversity partnerships include WomenCorporateDirectors, Paradigm for Parity, the 30% Club, Chief Executive Women, KPMG Connect on Board, Lean In, Diligent Corporation, MLT, and the C200
* In 2020, we hired Wanda Felton as a consultant for the Boards Practice to advise and help us advance diversity in the Board room
* Also in 2020, 62% of our U.S. Board Placements were women or BIPOC
* Annually, our team places more than 1,000 diversity candidates into key executive positions
Equally dedicated to driving results for clients and caring for our team, we pride ourselves on fostering a special culture, one where relationships, insight, excellence, curiosity, global spirit, and humor are highly valued. Our brand, reputation, professional platform and career trajectory are incredibly compelling for talented individuals who desire to grow and develop in a distinguished professional-services firm.
For more information, please visit www.spencerstuart.com or follow us on Twitter.
Analysts at Spencer Stuart are responsible for supporting our search strategy by producing industry and/or functional analysis reports and talent pool mappings for active search assignments, internal meetings, and new business initiatives. This includes competitive information, trends across sub-sectors, target company list development and potential prospect identification. The analyst provides research and conclusions to be incorporated into client-ready documents. Over time, it is expected that the analyst will develop industry expertise by maintaining an awareness of industry trends and 'best in class' leaders/future leaders.
We are eager to hear from recent and soon-to-be graduates passionate about exploring professional services opportunities within the field of leadership consulting.
Successful candidates will be self-directed, independent, and able to proactively address the needs of the practice. In addition, they will demonstrate a passion and ability for performing critical research and communicating their findings clearly and cogently. They will be graceful under pressure, enjoy fast paced environments, and be excellent multitaskers.
Specific experience should include:
* 2021 or 2022 university graduates with business or internship experience in a relevant professional services environment
* Strong academic performance is required (3.4+ GPA) and while all majors are welcome, a degree in business or human capital is preferred
* Well-roundedness demonstrated through leadership experience in internships, work experience, community service, athletics or roles in student-led organizations
* Advanced research, analysis and synthesis skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Self-directed and proactive in nature; resourceful, team-oriented and tenacious
* Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
* In possession of work authorizations necessary for the country in which you are applying
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with other high-end professional services firms.
Spencer Stuart is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to non-discrimination without regard to actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law.