Full Stack/Front End Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Sparks Full-stack/Front End Developer role works with the digital team to build, deploy, and support the software that powers our cutting-edge interactive experiences that connect audiences with brands at live and digital events.
We are seeking a Full-stack/Front End Developer who loves to move fluidly between both creative and technical thinking, is comfortable engineering beautiful interfaces, and strives to realize unique interactive experiences with these proven skills. Our ideal Full-stack/Front End Developer brings an engineer's mind and a designer's mentality together to solve complex UI problems in code and in design. This role is focused on defining the needs and requirements for front end interfaces, defining scope, and working closely with the larger Creative Technology and IT teams and a team of developers on testing, deploying and integrating with back end services to ship amazing experiences.
* Lead technical design and integration efforts from discovery meetings through launch
* Know and understand the tech stack and present feasibility studies for proposed designs to the development team
* Work with the development team to help define system architecture
* Work with the design team to help define UI requirements and constraints
* Translate designs and build beautiful front end experiences, test components, and integrate with back end services
* Define front end architecture and components, define user experience, handle state and client-side experiences
* Write tests for code, deploy, and support
* Fine-tune system requirements based on load and performance
* Work to thoroughly document process for future technical support
* Lead research + development efforts internally for new technologies
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, or equivalent practical experience
* Experience with AWS and GCP and platform-specific technologies
* Experience working with engineering teams across an organization
* Experience in front end technologies and frameworks, focus on Vue preferred but experience in Angular, React, vanilla HTML and JS as well
* Experience consuming APIs, posting data, managing state in dynamic applications
* Understanding of back end technologies and requirements: we use Laravel, Flask, Node and others
* Proficient in Google Drive and Microsoft Office
* Strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, and a team player
* Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Up to date on current technology paradigms and frameworks
One or more of the following:
* Knowledge of Docker and containerization
* Github or related version control
* Vue, React, Angular or similar
* Deploying to cloud services: virtual machines, databases, and other resources
* Familiarity with Laravel, Rails, Django or similar
WHO - A highly experienced team of idea-churnin', brand-buildin' coffee-chuggin' strategists, marketers, producers, techies, and creative geniuses so charismatic you'll want to introduce us to your mom.
WHAT- Whether you're a start-up or a household name, we create big ideas that deliver value across a multitude of live brand interactions through insight, innovation and lots and lots of imagination
HOW - Big enough to deliver, small enough to adapt. It's our agility that consistently enables us to accomplish great things while providing our clients with killer creativity, flexibility, and value.
Think you've got what it takes to hang with us?
We've built our reputation on creating awesome experiences for our clients, but equally important is the experience we create for our people. Yes, we work hard. But we also make it a point to have fun. And we find our people work that much harder when work doesn't feel so much like, well, work. If you share our mindset, we should chat.
We've always got our eyes peeled for smart, hungry people who think that what we do isn't so much a job as it is a way of life. And while any company can supply stuff like benefits (and, of course we do too!) our greatest benefit comes from the amazing people you'll interact with daily, who will challenge and push you to think harder, be more creative and love what you do.
Sparks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.