Artist Marketing, DSP Sales
Employment Type: Full-Time
Creator Services/Repost by SoundCloud is the music industry's fastest growing music distribution service. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music and many more. We also provide our users with transparent revenue reporting, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience.
This role will be responsible for the strategy and execution of global streaming marketing campaigns. This will include identifying meaningful streaming marketing opportunities, securing artist and partner support, amplifying existing relationships with key stakeholders and developing strong connections with new partners.
* Work closely with artists and their representatives to define strategies, objectives and oversee campaign execution.
* Lead alongside Account Management to manage release planning for roster.
* Prepare pitch-material and updates of our releases for submission to digital music streaming platforms
* Drive strategy pitches, best practice and processes with retail accounts to ensure our repertoire receives maximum playlist promotion and exposure
* Analyze data & research (artist history, benchmarks, previous campaigns, current campaigns) to formulate cohesive marketing strategies to lead throughout artist and release campaigns.
* Ideate creative opportunities with the DSPs, artists/managers, labels, & internally with our department & execute on these ideas throughout the course of a campaign
* Communicate streaming, playlisting and digital sales results throughout the organization
* Maintain strong knowledge of the streaming landscape and make sure to communicate information internally.
* 5+ years of experience in streaming music marketing
* Advanced understanding of digital platforms and marketing technology for music releases
* Excellent presentation, analytical and communication skills
* Existing relationship with all key DSP's
* Determined to win, always looking for opportunity, willing to take risks.
* You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with occasional ambiguity and a team player willing to pitch in whenever needed.
* You are highly organized and detail-oriented.
* You possess excellent communication and writing skills.
* You are proficient at using Google Drive, Excel
* You are comfortable working remotely.
* Ability to work under pressure with imminent deadlines and prioritizing tasks in real-time
* Strong knowledge of leading digital music platforms and a solid understanding of sales strategy
* You're also comfortable selling and can easily switch gears from account management to sales.
* Experience building and maintaining client relationships and have outstanding interpersonal skills. Your written & verbal communication skills in English are excellent.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.