Intern - Wireless Research Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com.
This is a Fall Semester full-time internship position in San Jose Laboratory, Sony Research and Development Center, US. You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated forward-looking growing wireless technology and standardization team. The team is working on research and development of wireless technologies that will sustain future Sony products, applications, and services. Responsibilities include
The position is responsible for wireless communication system development. You will utilize extensive knowledge on wireless communication protocols and programming skills to analyze, simulate and develop future wireless communication system with your mentor.
* MS/PhD student in Electrical and/or Communication Engineering or in Computer Science
* Excellent wireless communication background including all system and link level aspects
* Excellent Programming language knowledge, such as Matlab, C/C++, is required
* Hands-on experience on coding, testing, iterative improvement, and documentation is required
* Experience on WLAN MAC/PHY (IEEE 802.11) layers protocol design and/or analysis or 3GPP is preferred
* Experience on communication system simulation or network simulation, such as ns-3, OPNET, or omnet++, is preferred
* Familiarity with cellular systems, sensor network technologies, distributed networking technologies, wireless LAN systems, or wireless PAN systems is preferred
* Ability to work both independently and with a team is strong plus
* This position is for Fall Semester students
* All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work (English/Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)