Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sony Electronics, Inc. look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager that will be responsible for promoting our LTE Semiconductor solution to tier 1 Mobile Operators. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for winning Mobile Operators' business through managing all carrier interactions, including with our Product Management team and R&D organization, as well as with OEMs/ODMs through our global sales channels to ensure proper prioritization and focus.
* Promotion of our LTE products to Mobile Network Operators.
* Identify carrier technology trials, retail/enterprise product opportunities, and NRE funding opportunities with Mobile Network Operators.
* Work with our OEM sales team to jointly target OEM/ODM customers and to managing Operator/Carrier channels driving growth and profitability.
* Support OEM carrier engagements to design win and through to revenue. Promote our products & value to carrier decision makers, line level engineering staff; and product management.
* Lead discussions between Mobile Operators and Altair R&D resources.
* Align carrier feature requests to Altair product requirements.
* Support Altair OEM chipset/module certification, scheduling, funding and final Technical Approval.
* Support OEM/ODM carrier qualification through operator certifications, trials and deployment.
* Coordinate and manage all carrier interfaces to our Program Management team and technical resources, ensuring proper prioritization and focus to achieve product launch and revenue generation.
* Traveling to Carriers throughout the US in support of business goals. Travel expectations of 30-50% must be acceptable and accommodated.
* Success will be measured and rewarded based on successful specification, design-in, and sale of our products through the carrier network.
The Position Requirements:
* BSEE or equivalent. 5 Years Semiconductor Sales Experience
* 5 years minimum experience selling system level semiconductor products which include Hardware, Firmware & Software elements to OEMs in telecoms and mobile markets.
* Ability to access and influence decision makers at Tier 1 Mobile Network Operators.
* Position is based in New Jersey, candidate should live with communing distance of Basking Ridge.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Electronics, Inc.
Sony Electronics, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or you can mail your resume to: Sony Electronics, Human Resources Department, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego CA 92127. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work (English/Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)