Phlebotomist - Bakersfield
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
General Description and Essential Functions
(Must be fully vaccinated-COVID)
* Assembles equipment such as tourniquet, needles, and disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified test or procedures.
* Verifies and records identity of patient and converses with patient.
* Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube(s).
* Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
* Perform data entry into the computer system.
* Verify insurance information.
* Process samples to prepare for proper laboratory testing.
* May be required to perform skin punctures.
* May be required to perform data entry into the computer system.
* May be required to perform courier runs to outside draw stations, clients, or other locations as deemed necessary.
* Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable
* In addition to an employee's typical work schedule, this position requires employees to work weekends, overtime, split shifts, and holidays if needed by the Company. Other duties may apply as necessary.
* Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.)
* Moderate reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
* Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
* Must be able to see, hear, and respond adequately
* Moderate computer work
* Moderate use of telephone and fax
Work Experience and Educational Requirements
* If employee is required to operate a company vehicle for the performance of their duties, they must meet applicable company insurance guidelines, including a DMV record comparable to that of a Transportation Courier.
* High school graduate or GED required.
* Valid State of California Phlebotomy Certification. Continuing education as dictated by governmental agencies required for certification validity.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
WestPac Labs, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.