Logistics Manager - Bakersfield
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
General Description and Essential Functions
* Responsible for route scheduling, maintenance and updating of the RoadNet system, as well as employee performance management of the Logistics Department
* Responsible for ensuring that all routes are covered when necessary
* Monitor STAT sample arrival times and trouble shoot issues as needed.
* Required to conduct staff meetings to convey Laboratory and Safety Issues, as well as verify all Media Lab modules are completed
* Confirms that pick-up and delivery of test samples, supplies, and reports are completed within each route
* Ensures proper packing, labeling, and transport of items to and from Laboratory to maintain specimen integrity, and the completion of daily temperature logs
* Acts as primary transportation contact between the Laboratory, Couriers, and Clients while carrying out courier and supply delivery service functions
* Maintains and audits accurate route sheets of couriers including analysis of supplies and specimens, including time, number of stops, and samples received
* Will follow vehicular driver safety standards and applicable governmental motor vehicle operation laws and regulations
* Performs monthly safety and operational checks on vehicles assigned to the logistics fleet.
* Responsible for weekly driver inspection reports from couriers, sales reps, and administration to manage and ensure that all vehicles have been checked and repaired if needed.
* Maintains contact with Laboratory, Laboratory Supervisors, Clients, Client Services Representative and Patient Service Centers
* Must complete all performance appraisals due in the applicable quarter, month, or other established guideline
* Must carry out the supervisory functions of all staff members including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance appraisals, competency and training, employee recognition, coaching and progressive discipline
* In addition to the Logistics Manager's typical work schedule, this position may require the employee to work overtime, weekends, split shifts, and holidays if needed by the Company.
* Participates in and supports all Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement endeavors for the laboratory, as applicable.
* Organize and maintain the warehouse, to include accurate receipt and appropriate temperature storage of supplies.
* To ensure compliance with Anti-Kickback laws, client supply requests must be matched against monthly utilization, to ensure there is no excessive disbursement of ordered items
* Coordinate the timely and accurate inventory count of each item stored in the warehouse at the end of each month.
* Verify and approve all logistics vehicle expenses incurred each month, ensuring optimization of the vehicles in the fleet through proper maintenance and cost-effective management
* Other duties may apply as necessary Physical Capabilities
* Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
* Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching
* Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
* Frequent use of telephone, email and fax
* Occasional travel required to interact with Divisional personnel and/or attend meetings and educational training sessions
Work Experience and Educational Requirements
* A minimum of four years' experience in the Transportation/Courier Service field with increasing responsibility.
* Knowledge of fleet management, professional client service, route scheduling, spreadsheet software, word processing software, and basic labor law.
* High school diploma or GED required. (B.A.) bachelor's degree from four-year College or university preferred.
* Class 'C' California Driver's License
* Must meet company applicable company insurance guidelines, including acceptable DMV record
* Continuing education in Federal and State Transportation (i.e. laws, defensive driving, and safety) as required
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
WestPac Labs, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.