Federal - Oracle Database Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Oracle DBA/System Admin needed to help us build the next-generation of customer engagement systems for federal service agencies. Responsibilities include:
* Administer, develop, test, or demonstrate databases
* Perform many related database functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management
* Install database management systems (DBMS) and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance
* Responsible for the installation, configuration, operations and maintenance of the Oracle databases in a clustered environment
* Responsible for troubleshooting database issues
* Responsible for database performance tuning
* Responsible for database backup and recovery
* Responsible for applying regular database patch and database upgrade