Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Play an important role in the patient experience by creating clean, healthy and comfortable healing environments while advancing your career.
Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services Manager 1 at PIH Downey, a 199-bed facility which servesresidents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and the San Gabriel Valley. The Downey campus is part ofPIH Health, a comprehensive health network consisting of two hospitals, 22 medical office locations and a host of specialty services.
Our Sodexo Healthcare Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at healthcare client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Healthcare, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience.The successful candidate will:
* be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
* provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
* lead teams and departmental projects and initiatives;
* effectively manage the Unit Operating System; and/or
* support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
* have experience leading, training and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service delivery;
* have customer service and/or guest satisfaction in a healthcare or hospitality;
* possess strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program;
* monitor compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
* have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
* are results and safety driven;
* are proficient with computers and other technology;
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits and https://wesleymc.com/
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.Key Duties-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees-Coordinate/conduct employee training-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)-Interact with outside vendors-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified. -Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalentSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.