Employment Type: Full-Time
SOCi is a leading all-in-one marketing platform built specifically for 'next-level' multi-location marketers. Our customers include top brands and influencers like Ace Hardware, Sport Clips, and Anytime Fitness who have the impossible challenge of managing their digital presence across 100s or 1000s of locations. SOCi's platform makes the impossible, possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across hundreds and thousands of local search and social pages while protecting what matters most, their reputation.
Our accolades include:
* Inc. 5000 honoree three years in a row for Fastest Growing Companies in America
* Entrepreneur magazine's #1 Marketing Provider for Franchises, and top provider three years in a row
* Front Runner for Gartner's SoftwareAdvice.com in Reputation Management
* Top 100 rank on Financial Times The Americas' Fastest Growing Companies 2020
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting the entire company. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, payroll, workers comp, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
* Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
* Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
* Supports the HR Department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
* Assists in the administration of the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
* Aides as needed with recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students/interns and temporary/contract employees.
* Participates in the onboarding process including the creation of offer letters, running background checks, auditing new hire paperwork, entering new hire in all necessary systems and conducts new-employee orientations
* Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, communicating benefits information to employees and COBRA coverage administration.
* Tracks all LOA's and sends out all necessary notices to employees on a LOA to maintain compliance with state and federal laws.
* Develops and maintains an affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
* Provides high-quality advice and service to management on employee relations issues.
* Prepares termination and severance letters and completes exit interviews.
* Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings.
* Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
* Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
* Helps to maintain the Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from the database as requested by management.
* Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
* Administers Workers Comp claims and ensures ongoing workplace safety for staff.
* Assists with ongoing employee and management training and the tracking of all training sessions.
* Acts as a back-up for payroll processing when necessary.
* Maintains membership in the SOCi Culture Club and assists with the planning, organization and communication of company events.
* Takes the lead on other special HR projects as requested.
* Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
* Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
* Proven experience working in an HR department
* Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
* Must have high initiative, integrity and strong work ethic
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations
* Excellent record keeping skills
* Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices
* Works comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills
* Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
Required Education and Experience...
Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years Human Resources experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why you'll love it here…
* Competitive salary!
* Opportunity to make a difference and implement your ideas.
* Everyone is held to the highest standards, but we make sure to have fun, too!
* We have amazing customers (UPS, SportClips, Internet Brands, etc) who love our platform. Check us out on G2Crowd, Capterra or TrustPilot.
What's SOCi's culture like?
Led by a team of industry experts, SOCi is leading the pack in Social Media and Reputation Management. Our passionate team of SOCialites work at convenient locations in both San Diego, CA and Austin, TX. We offer flexible PTO, comprehensive health & benefits packages and 401k (amongst many other perks). Every new team member is equipped with a MacBook laptop, tech accessories & SOCi swag. We are a fast-paced, agile environment where thought leadership and input is encouraged. If you are looking for a place where you can come and make a difference in the way enterprise organizations utilize social technology, then SOCi is for you.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.