Head of Programming
Employment Type: Full-Time
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Strategy & Content team is responsible for the design, development, and execution of strategic initiatives, with a focus on driving product innovation, content creativity, and audience growth. The Content team's vision is to make Discover & Community the fastest way to be entertained and informed - combining Friend Stories with community content from other Snapchatters, short-form entertainment content from top creators, and personalized, timely news from trustworthy sources. The team helps protect the long-term health of this ecosystem by constantly balancing the interests of content consumers, content creators, advertisers, and Snap.
We're looking for a Head of Programming to drive our programming vision based on a combination of market knowledge and trends and data and insights from our Content Strategy team. In addition to your oversight and accountability for partnered content, you will be responsible for strategic, cross-functional programs requiring collaboration with Content Strategy, Media Partnerships, Talent Partnerships, Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Communications, Events, Finance and Legal. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to continuously evolve our content ecosystem; grow a diverse community of media partners; and attract new partners to the Snap platform.
What you'll do:
* Manage a team of vertical programming leads across News, Sports, and Lifestyle & Entertainment who will use their knowledge to grow content engagement and viewers
* Work with the Content Strategy team to use audience insights to identify content to actively bring on to Discover and inform opportunities and best practices
* Identify larger industry trends to ensure highly engaging content - whether that's new projects from legacy brands or the latest digital start-ups - is brought to Discover.
* Create strategies to ensure coverage of tentpoles and important moments
* Use editorial expertise to ensure the health and quality of the Discover feed through the creation and implementation of Content Guidelines. Work with Trust & Safety to make sure guidelines are fair, and implemented appropriately.
* Maintain a platform that is brand-safe, premium, and fake news-free - by monitoring and enforcing quality standards across partners.
* Develop one-to-many programs and best practices to help partners unlock their content including quarterly webinars in insights and best practices, office hours, and clinics
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Deep understanding of what makes great content
* Deep understanding of the media partner ecosystem and landscape
* Demonstrated capacity to lead multiple projects with stakeholders across functions with success
* Solid track record in stakeholder management
* Ready to wear multiple hats and thrive in ambiguity
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 10+ years of relevant working experience in a programming, editorial or audience development role
* Passion for Snapchat
* Strong interest in trends, news, entertainment and sport
* Demonstrated experience and success leading content development, programming and partnerships
* Demonstrated success in high-growth environments seated at the intersection of technology and media
* Strong ability to lead data-driven decision-making and exploration of complex data analysis
* Demonstrated success in management roles
* Demonstrated interest in the future of storytelling
* Polished communication skills and experience of working well with partners
* Strong network of contacts in media
* Possess the adaptability, resilience and patience to thrive in a dynamic environment
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success!