Business Development Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a dynamic Business Development Officer to be an integral part of our team! This person represents the Credit Union before members, potential members, and Select Employer Groups (SEGs).
This position is responsible for:
* Researching, recommending, and pursuing prospective member groups and new consumer markets to target within the credit union's target market and field of membership.
* Building and maintaining relationships with members and key business partners of selected employer groups.
* Increasing member and potential member awareness of the Credit Union and its products and services.
* Increasing profitable membership penetration and usage of services to meet growth and retention goals set by management.
* Conducting sales efforts in compliance with NCUA regulations for the field of membership and Credit Union operational procedures.
* Effectively supporting a consistent and positive brand image for the credit union within the marketplace.
* Identifying and analyzing profitable growth opportunities within the member groups' organization and makes recommendations to management.
* Identifying service issues for member groups and collaborating with the credit union's internal departments to resolve these issues in a timely manner.
* Working closely with the Marketing department to develop effective business development marketing and support material and to conduct business development campaigns.
* Effectively conducting cost/benefit analysis on all business development efforts.
* Assisting in developing product mix and profitability goals.
* Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills.
* Excellent time management skills, budgeting, attention to detail and the ability to schedule travel and meetings in an efficient and effective manner.
* Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Practical knowledge of sales principles and techniques.
* Knowledge of the credit union industry preferred.
* Ability to exercise appropriate judgment in interpreting growth opportunities and generating support from sponsor representatives.
* Thorough knowledge of general economic conditions and consumer & competitive trends.
* Must be willing to travel, including out of state, up to 80% of the time.
Why SkyOne is a great place to work
We understand that it's our employees that make us great, and we treat them as our greatest asset, with comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
* Health, dental, and vision plans to take care of you and your family's healthcare needs.
* 401(k) plan to help you plan for retirement.
* Life insurance to protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
* An Education Reimbursement Program to help you achieve your personal development goals.
* A generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan because you deserve a vacation for your hard work!
* Paid holidays so you can celebrate our nation's holidays just as our members would.
* An Employee Financial Benefits Program designed to improve your financial life and prepare you to meet the needs of our members more effectively.
We have a strong corporate culture that embodies these core values:
* Performance We are member-focused and results-driven.
* Accountability We do what we say.
* Integrity We do the right thing.
* Innovation We are creative, resourceful, and collaborative.
* Respect We are one team professional and compassionate.
If you share these values and are looking for a place to build a long-term, meaningful career, we're the right place for you. Simply click on the link to apply online.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.