Head of M&A Integration, Business Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC's Disruptor 50, one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
About the Team:
The Business Operations ('BizOps') team is a nimble and highly impactful team that provides critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions and business units. The team operates like an internal consulting group to define and drive strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company, creating the foundational business infrastructure that enables the company to efficiently and effectively scale. The Head of M&A Integration will be responsible for leading internal and external teams through due diligence and post-M&A integration as Skillz continues to grow inorganically.
* Partner with Corporate Development to identify opportunities and deal theses for inorganic growth in support of Skillz broader growth strategy
* Conduct due diligence, build cost / benefit analyses to determine the integration feasibility across multiple target companies
* Translate deal thesis into integration strategy, inclusive of value-driver business unit integration and supporting operating model strategy
* Partner with teams across Skillz to deliver successful integrations of acquired companies globally, including structuring pre-close to day 90 integration plans across multiple workstreams and communication of ongoing progress and results to Skillz leadership
* Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior leaders and other stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
* 10+ years experience creating value through mergers and acquisitions, both as 1) a management consultant and/or banking and 2) within a company
* BA in business, economics, finance or any quantitative oriented field; MBA preferred but not required
* Ability to think both strategically and tactically, with attention to detail, while building agile structure to solve complex, ambiguous problems
* Experience leading multiple cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments
* Deep intelligence, ability to build close relationships with stakeholders to understand their needs, and no ego
* Comfortable managing competing priorities and ambiguity at all levels of an organization, including executive leadership
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.