Mgr, Commodities Indirect Spend
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position manages existing and develops new service providers across indirect product categories, including IT, telecom, professional and operational services. Develops category level sourcing roadmaps, metrics, strategies and objectives to drive toward world-class performance. Develops, coordinates and manages the annual and long-term strategic plan for assigned commodities. Develops an in-depth understanding of the assigned commodities and their respective supply markets. Defines in detail the specific requirements of the item purchased and source from competitive suppliers who most ably meet company requirements. Reduces the total procurement costs of the managed commodities while improving quality and service. Formulates, negotiates and executes contract strategies for assigned commodities. Maintains professional and effective relations with the supplier community.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
* Utilize strategic sourcing process to identify and implement indirect product initiatives to optimize cost-effective solutions across the enterprise.
* Guide Functional groups (Executive office, Product Marketing, Finance, IT,HR, Legal, Marketing, Customer Care and New Product Development teams) in discovery, contract negotiation, optimizing economic value, on-time delivery of product & services, cost management & reduction, supplier & partner risk mitigation, and scope of work development .
* Performs total cost analysis; Identifies and coordinates new indirect project and savings opportunities cross-functionally.
* Develop, negotiate, and execute contracts/agreements with suppliers that minimize total cost,
* Measures and holds indirect suppliers to defined SLAs (contractual) and ensures proper remuneration is received for lack of performance.
* Develops, documents, and communicates Exemplis internal indirect policy and procedures.
* Measures and reports internal compliance to new and existing indirect initiatives.
* Cooperatively develops specifications and processes to service multiple production sites.
* Manage performance against contract terms and recommend courses of action to rectify discrepancies.
* Acts as Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) and Analyze and interpret industry conditions and state of the art advancements, which may have an effect on design, lead-time, etc. Prepare statistical analysis of market trends for long range purchasing strategies.
* Review and substantiate price change announcements and communicate information with appropriate personnel.
* Lead cross functional commodity teams to establish and implement commodity strategies and tactics with particular. emphasis on value analysis, process improvement, joint cost reduction and business strategy.
* Responsible for overall performance of suppliers in assigned commodities.
* Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or related field.
* 5+ years of sourcing experience
* Masters Degree
* CPM, CPSM, APICS or other professional certifications
* Experience with Indirect Spend Categories (IT, Marketing, Travel, Facilities, Professional Services, etc.)..
* Experience with contract review and basic drafting.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company's profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.