Employment Type: Full-Time
HOW WE'RE MAINTAINING A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT
These are some of the ways we're maintaining a safe work environment at Simpson Strong-Tie.
* Sanitizing: Increased cleaning and disinfecting of facilities
* Hand Sanitizer and Wipes: Providing hand sanitizer and wipes throughout our facilities
* Face Coverings: Providing face coverings for employees
* Limited Guests and Vendors: Limiting guests and vendors to those who are essential only
* Extended Sick Pay: Encouraging employees to stay home when sick
* Travel: Banning the use of public transportation for business purposes, when possible
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there's a common thread connecting the people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60 years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the job onward. No matter what role you're in - from production, to sales, to engineering - you'll contribute to the growth and success of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer - support, collaboration and respect - that's what we value. When there's a win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
You'll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work - a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As a Press Operator, you will be responsible for operating a progressive automatic stamping press in such a manner as to achieve safety, quality, efficiency, lean and production goals in a fast-paced, high-volume sheet metal manufacturing operation. That's year one. If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it's what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Operate automatic stamping press and all related coil processing equipment to produce required products according to set production standards. Nest parts, package them and palletize cartons. Observe continuous operation of automatic stamping press to ensure products meet specifications and to detect defects or malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary. Prioritize safety constantly by demonstrating safe work practices and promoting a safe work environment. Perform quality inspections to drawings and specifications per written procedures. Assist others with press set-ups and changeovers. Operate a forklift to move raw material and finished goods as needed. (75%)
Read through work orders to determine specifications, such as materials to be used as well as product dimensions and tolerances. (15%)
Maintain stamping press area clean and organized making sure all tools and supplies are returned to home locations after use. (10%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you've got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
* High school diploma or GED preferred.
* Simpson Strong-Tie Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification (will certify at hire).
* 6 months manufacturing related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and training.
* Manufacturing process knowledge: Demonstrates a basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of goods.
* Safety: Able to consistently prioritize safety by demonstrating a safe work practices by promoting a safe work environment.
* Customer service skills: Applies customer service principles and processes on the job and with others.
* Communication skills: Speaks in the most effective way to relay information. Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding.
* Written comprehension: Able to read and understand prints, information and ideas presented in writing. Able to read production drawings and diagrams and interpret information from work orders applicable to the manufacturing of products.
* Self-management skills: Uses time efficiently to complete tasks.
* Ability to work independently: Follows both written and oral instructions, including safety guidelines, work instructions, and company policies.
* Teamwork: Able to work with team sharing responsibilities to achieve production goals.
* Equipment and tools: Able to operate a forklift. Able to read a tape measure to within 1/32'.
* Computer: Able to operate a computer, ERP systems and basic applications such as Word and Outlook.
* Operation monitoring: Able to monitor gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
* Quality control analysis: Conducts accurate inspections of product to evaluate quality.
This job does not require travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Stockton, California.
Relocation is not available for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie's drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow