Employment Type: Full-Time
Silverado Hospice, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is presently seeking a FT Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to join our growing Hospice care team in Los Angeles, CA!
Nursing at Silverado is different. Our nurses join Silverado for the culture and the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with patients, families and associates. As a member of our team, you can take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of your compassion and the many lives that you will enrich. Our Registered Nurse Case Managers enjoy a dynamic environment that focuses on quality end-of-life care delivery.
Full -Time position for LA county area
Summary of Major Functions:
* Hours and shifts of duty may vary.
* This position may require working varying hours and will likely include weekend and holiday duty.
* Demonstrated competency in performance of skilled nursing functions.
* Ability to work with dying patients and their families.
* Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the hospice patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the hospice team.
* Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Hospice field nurse provides skilled nursing and palliative care for assigned Hospice patients. He/she works cooperatively with the other members of the Interdisciplinary Hospice Team.
* The Hospice nurse provides intermittent visits or shifts of skilled nursing care, performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and symptom control, provides nursing observations, provides teaching regarding the expected course of the disease, care techniques and other health measures to the patient, family or other primary care giver, and participates in the care plan development and implementation
* Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.
* Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
* Performs all related duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; current state nursing license; evidence of training in CPR
* End of Life Nursing Education Program (ELNEC) - to include all 8 modules must be completed within 18 months of employment with Silverado Hospice.
* Current license within the State.
* Certification in Hospice and Palliative Vocational or Practical Nursing preferred.
* At least one year experience as a LVN/LPN. Hospice experience preferred.
* Knowledge of or willingness to learn state and federal regulations governing nursing care.
* Strong oral and written communication abilities.
To apply, please visit our website at www.silverado.com/careers
Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: http://www.silverado.com/recruiting/meet-our-team/
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California! In addition Silverado is Great Place to Work Certified. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for our full-time associates including:
Health & Well-Being Benefits:
* Wide range of Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
* Silverado Strong - Total Wellbeing Program with the ability to earn incentives
* Financial Protection Benefits:
* Company Paid Life, AD&D, Long-Term Disability
* Voluntary accident, hospital and critical illness plans, legal plans
* 401k Plan
Learn more about our Silverado Benefits: http://www.silveradobenefits.com
* Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
Available for both full time & part time associates