LVN Hospice - PT
Employment Type: Full-Time
Silverado Hospice. Passion. Possibility. Purpose.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Silverado is presently seeking a Part-Time LVN to join our Hospice team in San Diego, CA!
Shift is Wednesday and Thursday 10:30PM - 7:00AM with occasional weekend coverage.
Summary of Major Functions:
* Hours and shifts of duty may vary.
* This position may require working varying hours and will likely include weekend and holiday duty.
* Demonstrated competency in performance of skilled nursing functions.
* Ability to work with dying patients and their families.
* Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the hospice patient and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the hospice team.
* Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Hospice field nurse provides skilled nursing and palliative care for assigned Hospice patients. He/she works cooperatively with the other members of the Interdisciplinary Hospice Team.
* The Hospice nurse provides intermittent visits or shifts of skilled nursing care, performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and symptom control, provides nursing observations, provides teaching regarding the expected course of the disease, care techniques and other health measures to the patient, family or other primary care giver, and participates in the care plan development and implementation
* Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.
* Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
* Performs all related duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; current state nursing license; evidence of training in CPR
* End of Life Nursing Education Program (ELNEC) - to include all 8 modules must be completed within 18 months of employment with Silverado Hospice.
* Current license within the State.
* Certification in Hospice and Palliative Vocational or Practical Nursing preferred.
* At least one year experience as a LVN/LPN. Hospice experience preferred.
* Knowledge of or willingness to learn state and federal regulations governing nursing care.
* Strong oral and written communication abilities.
To apply, please visit our website at www.silverado.com/careers
Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: Click Here
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado is certified as a Great Place to Work and is on the Top 50 Best Workplaces for Aging Services list. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth. Learn more about our Silverado Benefits: http://www.silveradobenefits.com
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.