Logistics Associate II
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Logistics Associate II position coordinates, plans and executes activities related to distribution of materials and products, in accordance with quality system procedures. This position will partner with materials/receiving and other cross-functional departments.
* Distribute all goods in accordance with approved distribution/inventory management procedures.
* Ensure all goods are properly located and maintained in accordance to storage procedures.
* Report all related problems to area manager including events and circumstances which could affect product trackability, cost, traceability and employee safety.
* Work with Customer Success to resolve any discrepancies for a given shipment.
* Work closely with freight carriers to ensure on-time trackability and cost effectiveness for all inbound and outbound shipments.
* Support inventory management activities; routine cycle counts, inventory movement, and provide recommendations for low supply levels.
* Process all outbound shipments with keen accuracy.
* Provide backup to the materials department for receiving activities for inbound goods. Distributing the goods to its proper designated location or recipient. If a discrepancy arises work with the purchaser to resolve the issue prior to distribution.
* Identify safety hazards on a regular basis for all inbound shipments. (e.g., RMA's)
* Possess the flexibility and willingness to work overtime when requested.
* Maintain accurate records/documentation related to quality system and labor. (e.g., timecards)
* Be punctual and adhere to company policies. Meets attendance requirements established by Manager.
* Work in accordance with current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP).
* Fulfill all outbound inventory movement in compliance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) requirements. Completes documentation in an accurate and comprehensive manner.
* Maintain the warehouse in a clean and organized manner. In addition, maintains safety standards and follow all regulations while working in the warehouse.
* Volunteer for cross-training and additional responsibilities. Attempts self-improvement that meets company needs through available classes/ seminars.
* Maintain productive work relationships with personnel at all levels. By establishing forward thinking, adaptability, sound decision-making skills, accountability, and keen attention to detail. When a conflict shall arise the employee deals with this in a constructive and respectful manner.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
* High School diploma or equivalent certification.
* 2-5 years of years of logistics experience in medical device industry or equivalent.
* Provides overall technical expertise of a process or processes.
* Basic knowledge of computer applications such as MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
* Thorough knowledge of QAD receiving, shipping, and material movements is a plus.
COVID-I9 Vaccine Requirement: It is the policy of Silk Road Medical to require all employees to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Employees must: (a) establish proof of full vaccination authorized by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration to prevent COVID-19 or (b) obtain an approved exemption from SRM as a medical or religious accommodation.