Business Development Manager - Distributed Energy Systems - Pacific Region
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World's Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our business development managers are the eyes and ears of our customers! They do not wait, but take the initiative. They transform 'That sounds interesting!' into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our Distributed Energy team, and we will give you the latest knowledge and plenty of scope for independent action and decision-making, help you become a reliable partner in customer relationships.
The Business Development Manager for DES will be responsible for leading the business development activities for Siemens' portfolio of Distributed Energy Systems and Solutions (DES) in the Americas. DES solutions comprise and incorporate applications such as cogeneration, small power generation, renewable energy, microgrids, and energy storage. The BDM will have broad responsibility to coordinate sales efforts across multiple Siemens businesses, and will be accountable for jointly-held sales targets with the Field Sales team(s).
Lead Distributed Energy sales activities in the Western U.S., with primary focus on the CA market. Develop a funnel of sales leads with cross-divisional sales teams working directly with Siemens Field Sales Executives. Present to Executive, C-level relationships with proficiency in value-selling solutions and services at this corporate level. Lead virtual team through pre-acquisition phase to proposal delivery. Develop regional business and marketing plans and define solution gaps. Work with sales and sales managers to develop target account lists, account profiles and strategic sales plans for coordination with sales personnel. Mentor and support sales teams and individuals with customer presentations, proposal development, and RFP responses particularly with large target or key accounts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* 10-yr+ of proven experience with strong external, customer focused and executive level engagement. Extensive knowledge of the U.S. Energy and Power markets is a must.
* Position will have annual business development targets with senior-level responsibility for meeting business objectives
* Bachelors degree in an engineering or technical field; MBA preferred.
* Proven ability to deliver financial results and secure results in a matrix environment without direct managerial control.
* Ability to plan, navigate and negotiate a sophisticated sales process.
* Experience coordinating diverse sales teams.
* Project development experience in the power industry preferred.
* Experience with Project and Energy Finance preferred.
* Expertise in the energy industry, specifically Distributed Energy sector strongly preferred.
* Deep understanding of state and federal regulatory constructs in the Power sector.
* Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Travel ~50%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
* Competitive salary + commission based on qualifications
* Health, dental, and vision plans with options
* Matching 401(k)
* Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
* Paid parental leave
* Company cell phone and laptop
* Extensive product training and professional career development
* Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
* Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.