Inventory Control Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Inventory Control Lead
Shimano North America Holding, Inc. is a global company offering the world's sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro and Innovative Textiles, Inc. (ITI). We are seeking an Inventory Control Lead to join our team!
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the
environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA. Our company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continual improvements are part of our business philosophy and operations. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The Inventory Control Lead will be expected to manage all inventory management / slotting practices
and accuracies for all SKU's. This position will include managing the process of receiving, picking, and quality inventory inspections.
* Daily cycle count maintenance (JSOX documentation and maintenance) that meets or exceeds established benchmarks for productivity and accuracies.
* Update/maintain documents and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure daily processes are followed.
* Perform root cause analysis to improve inventory accuracies.
* Daily operational reporting to include performance metrics throughput and accuracies.
* Communicate daily with team, supervisors, managers and senior managers to improve service to customers.
* Manage all Inventory personnel which includes training, counseling, and conducting monthly performance evaluations.
* Set clear expectations for employees and manage performance benchmarks.
* 2+ years of inventory control management experience.
* Previous leadership experience.
* Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills a must.
* Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of performance metrics.
* Experience with flow racks, narrow aisle picking, and 'scan-to-pick' operations.
* Ability to communicate both professionally and confidently.
* Ability to create professional memos, letters, e-mails, and reports.
* Must have the ability to think on feet and make solid business decisions.
* Ability to perform work and maintain composure in high stressful situations.
* Must have the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and create solutions to problems.
* Must be able to understand and absorb new information quickly.
* Understand and willing to create change.
* Requires minimal direction and supervision.
* Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and WMS systems. Familiarity with AS400.
Associate's degree a plus.
* Approximately 100% of the time performing job duties is spent indoors in a warehouse with limited heating or air conditioning.
* The temperature of the work environment, when in the office, is moderate.
* The temperature of the work environment in the warehouse may equal to the outside temperatures of the area.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee sometimes works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electric shock.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Frequently lift from overhead or below the waist
* Occasionally bend, twist, push, pull, climb, squat, crawl, kneel
* Frequently reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stand and walk; grasp with hands and fingers; and lift (up to 50 lbs.)
* Continuously sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and key (i.e., computer,
Machines, Tools and Equipment
* Frequently use copier, fax, and 10-key calculator
* Continuously use writing instruments, computer and telephone
* Continuously use Standup reach, propane sit-down, and picking lift forklifts
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.