Employment Type: Full-Time
Application Developer ( Access VBA, SQL)
Local to CA (remote flexibility)
Contract 12+ Months
In this role, you will be part of the Demand Response (DR) Technical Operations team and support the development, implementation, and management of a MS Access front end database integrated with a MS SQL Server back end. This system has over 30 front end users and has automated processes that are utilized to integrate with multiple third party systems outside of the network as well as the company's main billing system.
his system requires advance skill in developing tables, queries for both MS Access and MS SQL Server, but also requires advance skills in forms, reports, macros, and VBA in MS Access.
The individual must demonstrate advance knowledge of creating stored procedures and views within MS SQL Server.
The DR Technical Operations team is not part of IT and is the liaison between the business and IT and/or Technology Vendors.
To succeed, you must have an aptitude for understand the business processes of company DR programs and translating program rules to system rules. This role requires advance MS Access, MS SQL, and SAS skillset
* Assist with maintaining legacy MS Access databases utilized for automated file transfer between company and third party vendors; developing and deploying MS Access front-end systems, connecting to data warehouse utilizing ODBC to analyze millions of records and ensure data quality is accurate
* Designing database tables and structures based on business process requirements in MS Access and MS SQL Server
* Creating views, functions and stored procedure in MS SQL Sever to run daily, weekly, monthly automated jobs
* Creating MS SQL Server and MS Access database triggers for use in automation
* Experience and strong desire to invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative solutions to validate data
* Experience creating databases with efficient structures (educational experience applies)
* Demonstrated skills in writing optimized queries, views and triggers in MS Access, MS SQL Server, and SAS for integration with other applications
* Excellent communications skills to work in a team environment with both technical and non- technical resources.
* Understanding of the standards of data quality and integrity
Demonstrate experience participating in the core business and adapting technical skills to support the business.
* MS Access Development (Required 5 Years)
* Visual Basic for Applications (Required 5 Years)
* MS Access SQL and Query design (Required 5 Years)
* Experience splitting MS Access Databases into Front Ends and Back Ends (Required 3 Years)
* Experience translating the business logic from macros/modules/queries to SQL (Required 4 Years)
* Experience writing stored procedures, pl/sql and migrating tables from MS Access to SQL Server (Required 4 Years)
* Experience converting MS Access Forms/ Reports to any Web based application (Required 4 Years)