Bilingual Family Partner
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Bilingual (Spanish/English) Family Partner provides peer support to family members of clients receiving Wraparound services.The primary goal of our Wraparound program is to provide children and families with services that will ensure safety, stability, and permanency.
The Bilingual Family Partner draws upon their own experience as the caregiver of a youth who has received child welfare and/or behavioral health care services.The Family Partner is responsible for coordinating parent support activities and resources. The Family Partner works individually with family members to engage them in the Wraparound process, increase their involvement in the Child and Family Team (CFT), and assist them in achieving their care plan goals. The Family Partner will perform a wide range of activities needed to function as a member of the Wraparound team, as well as provide individual support to parents and other caregivers.
Seneca is always looking for ways to actively empower and uplift traditionally marginalized communities. We are honored to lead a nationwide effort, Todo Por Mi Familia, a campaign to find and connect families who sought asylum in the United States to mental health services. Seneca's agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve.
* Provide non-judgmental, unconditional support for children, youth, and families enrolled in Wraparound.
* Serve a caseload of up to 10 families.
* Function as a member of the Child and Family Team (CFT) and provide individual support for the parent/caregiver or identified family member.
* Assist with coordinating and providing transportation for school, therapy, court hearings, or other pertinent treatment appointments/activities.
* Work in coordination with the birth/foster parents (or primary caregiver), Support Counselors, Care Coordinators, other Seneca staff, and community members to participate in all functions of the CFT, including planning meetings, assisting in designing treatment and Wraparound Action Plans (WAPs), and providing other case management duties as needed.
* Submit documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
* Personal experience as a caregiver of a youth who has been the recipient of child welfare and/or behavioral health services required.
* Experience or interest in working with families.
* Bilingual abilities in Spanish and English.
* Own vehicle, valid California driver's license and insurability through Seneca's automobile policy.
* Clear TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
* Ability to work as a team player and with a diverse population.
* Good writing and organizational skills.
* Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekend days.
* Starting at $18.00 per hour.
* 10% salary increase upon passing Spanish language proficiency exam.
* Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a generous salary increase each year.
* Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
* Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
* 4 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
* We provide a 403b retirement plan.
* Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.