Theatrical Services Tech I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Theatrical Services Tech I (A/V and Electronic)
SeaWorld San Diego
When you visit SeaWorld, San Diego the fun never ends, and our Entertainment Team is a big reason why! If you're self-motivated, passionate about show quality and have the knowledge and skills to keep our systems in peak performing order - then we're looking for YOU!
As an A/V and Electronic Technician you will play an important part in our Theatrical Services Team by assisting with the install, strike, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of audio, video, and electronics for shows, exhibits, attractions, and seasonal events.
What you get to do:
* Assists with Install/Strike of audio, video, and electronic elements for shows, exhibits, attractions, and seasonal events
* Assists with maintenance of audio, video, and electronic elements for shows, exhibits, attractions, seasonal events, and other projects as assigned.
* Opens and Closes the technical elements for rides, attractions, and shows.
* Completes assigned projects with minimal supervision
* Responds to park trouble calls with minimal assistance
* Maintains a safe work environment and follows safe work practices
* Set up and strike special events as assigned
* Other duties as assigned
What you get in return:
* Chance to work for one of the most advanced theme parks in the world
* Hands on experience in the Theme Park and Entertainment industry
* Exposure to a variety of environments, equipment and show styles
* Work along side and learn from entertainment industry leaders
* Gain outstanding experience and name recognition to add to your resume
* Enjoy a truly unique, rewarding and FUN working environment
* Opportunities for advancement, internal transfer or extension of season based on performance*
Set the Stage for a better career, join our incredible Entertainment Team and let your talents shine as your work is enjoyed by hundred of thousands of guests every year!
What it takes to succeed:
* At least 3 years related experience in general troubleshooting and repair of audio, video, and electronic circuits, or devices.
* Associates degree, vocational training, or technical trade school preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of audio/video systems and equipment including: Understanding of signal flow, video switchers, audio mixers, show control systems, video surveillance systems, wireless microphones, and computer-based media equipment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues in audio, video, wireless microphone, show control, and special effect systems. Replace and/or repair defective elements as necessary.
* Troubleshoot to the component level and evaluate need to repair or replace.
* Ability to set up wireless microphone / in-ear systems, including remote antennas, handheld and bodypack transmitters, receivers and correctly coordinate and assign frequencies.
* Ability to test primary function of show control systems and identify all faults and repair them if possible.
* Ability to test special effects, recognize faults and repair and/or replace when necessary.
* Ability to fabricate custom electronic circuits and devices as assigned preferred
* Ability to perform solder repairs on cables, connectors, and circuit boards.
* Ability to coordinate and assist with pulling and terminating audio, power, and low voltage cables.
* Ability to install ground and above ground speakers and video monitors.
* Ability to setup/ strike audio and video equipment for large special events and private parties.
* Manage work time to deliver and/or install products within requested timeframes
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
* Ability to be trained on the safe operation of: forklifts, boats, boom lifts and scissor lifts
* Maintains cleanliness of all assigned work areas.
* Maintains a friendly, respectful attitude with coworkers and guests
* Ensures excellent guest service by responding to customer requirements and expectations.
* Able to positively interact with all guests and co-workers.
* Openly accepts performance critique and feedback and adapts accordingly.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Stand, walk and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Able to lift or move 50lbs unassisted.
* Be able to work at heights up to 90 feet
* Able to work indoors and in outdoor weather conditions (i.e. humidity heat, rain, direct sunlight, etc.).
* Able meet work group's availability including weekends, holidays, late evenings, and early mornings
* Possess a working knowledge of professional programs including Microsoft office
* Be able to maintain a SeaWorld driver's license and operate a company vehicle
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you'll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
* FREE park admission
* Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
* Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
* Paid Floating Holidays
* Accrual based Paid Time Off
* SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
* SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* 401K plan
* Voluntary Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Disability Benefits
* Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Legal Assistance Plan
If you're looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we're looking for you!
Join our team and you'll agree, careers are better when made at Sea!
Opportunities available are not guaranteed and will depend on business need.*