Registered Nurse - RN - DOU - System Wide Resource Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work. You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Our Scripps System-wide Resource Services (SSRS) department supports the entire Scripps Health system. As a member of the float team, you can fill vital roles on assignments throughout the system to provide critical coverage for employee's leave of absences, sick calls, and peak service demands while gaining experience in a variety of environments.
Join our Scripps SSRS team as a Registered Nurse where you will provide direct patient care within the scope of your practice. This includes the following: assessment, planning and implementing a plan of care and evaluating patients' progress towards expected outcomes. The RN takes primary responsibility for the patients' care as delivered by the Care Team under his/her supervision. Works collaboratively with other members of the patient care team to ensure optimal patient care.
The types of opportunities we offer are as follows:
SYSTEM WIDE RESOURCE TEAM - Permanent Scripps employees who support long-term assignments, typically 12 weeks in duration.
Seeking full-time staff with varied shifts.
* Two (2) years of recent RN experience in a Definitive Observation Unit (DOU) or similar department. Will consider someone with 18 months of experience with two or more years of experience in a second specialty area.
* Current CA RN License.
* Current American Heart Association BLS prior to start.
* Registered nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing.
* Must be able to speak, read and follow instructions in English.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate positive behaviors.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing
* Work between the five (5) Scripps Health hospital campuses: Encinitas, La Jolla, Torrey Pines, San Diego, and Chula Vista.