Manager in Training
Employment Type: Full-Time
Manage all aspects of store operations including but not limited to: sales, vehicle production, customer care and personnel. Ensure that the store operates both safely and environmentally compliant, while effectively and efficiently working within the guidelines of the administrative policies and procedures.
* Partners with the Environmental Health and Safety Team to ensure that the store is adhering to all safety and environmental policies and procedures. Promotes a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant store for employees and customers.
* Manages, trains, and develops Managers in Training (MIT), Assistant Managers, Sales Managers, Production Managers and Vehicle Purchasing Agents (VPA) for success and helps to prepare them for advancement.
* Responsible for staffing levels, delegating duties and scheduling work hours.
* Attract, screen, hire, retain and develop all employees including through performance planning, goal setting, performance evaluation and continuous improvement.
* Drive store performance by optimizing sales, production, and vehicle purchasing.
* Manage by the numbers by understanding and taking corrective actions in response to monthly financial statements and operating statistics.
* Establish community relationships to promote and enhance the Pick-n-Pull Brand.
* Follows company policy and procedures and leads by example for the rest of the employees.
* Ensure policies and procedures are communicated and implemented at the store level.
* Prepares operating reports for the Regional Director and administrative office.
* Ensure that all sales transactions and cash management procedures are in compliance with company policy.
* Responsible for the overall safeguarding of company assets.
* Partner with all internal corporate support resources to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations to achieve results.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Good interpersonal skills with an outgoing friendly positive attitude.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Solid quantitative skills to understand store financial performance and operating statistics. Must have the ability to reconcile sales, prepare reports and read technical manuals.
* Able to handle multiple priorities while performing quality work in an efficient manner with minimal supervision.
* Able to work required hours which includes weekends and holidays at any store assigned by management within reasonable distance from home store.
* Minimum of a 3 year's management or leadership experience in the automotive field while participating in all phases of the operations preferred but not required.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
* Standing, walking, bending, climbing, and stretching are required outside in the weather for extended periods during the day.
* Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds.
* Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely.
This position will manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of exempt and non-exempt professionals (Mangers/Supervisors) and non-exempt hourly employees.
* Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
* Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.