Financial Planner & Client Relations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Scharf Investments, LLC, is a successful, fast growing registered investment advisor (RIA) in the San Francisco Bay Area with AUM in excess of $3 billion. We are looking for an intelligent, hard working self-starter to make a mark as we expand our footprint into the Southeast. The firm's rapid growth offers plenty of advancement potential for the right individual as we encourage employees to expand their role outside and inside the firm.
The Client Relations Manager works directly with firm clients to address a variety of needs. This individual has exceptional interpersonal skills, an aptitude for financial and investment concepts, and the ability to earn the confidence of high net worth clients.
* Portfolio consulting to determine investment allocation across proprietary product
* Providing comprehensive financial planning advice to high net worth clients
* Reviewing client performance, needs, goals, and objectives
* Ability to talk about portfolio holdings in depth
* Ability to garner additional client assets where appropriate
* Servicing day-to-day client needs
* Gathering client data and documenting accounts
* Drafting correspondence and needs summaries
* Researching items relevant to client financial needs
* A minimum of 5 years experience preferred, ideally in financial services industry
* CFP designation is strongly preferred but candidates willing to obtain the necessary certifications will be considered
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
* Aptitude for financial and investment concepts
* Intelligent, proactive, well organized, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, keep track of open items
* Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
* Series 65 a plus, but not required
We offer employees a collegial atmosphere, tremendous growth opportunities, and a generous benefits package that includes health care and 401(k).
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to