Employment Type: Full-Time
Under close supervision, performs basic preventive and remedial diagnostics and troubleshooting, along with performing maintenance and repairs of truck/trailer and/or automotive vehicles, and assists other mechanics in more complex assignments; performs other related duties.This position is responsible for the preparation and installation of Fuel and Lubricant Tanks while also providing maintenance, installation and troubleshooting electric and pneumatic pumps & dispensing equipment.
* Moves parts and components with approved hoists, lifts (not all locations have lifts) and dollies to perform maintenance and repair
* Removes, repairs, replaces and adjusts components of major truck and/or automotive systems, including, but not limited to, engine, electrical, suspension, fueling, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
* Performs remedial diagnostics and troubles-shooting on heavy duty diesel and or automotive systems
* Performs regular preventive maintenance inspections of truck and/or trailer systems, repairs minor problems, and completes written form documentation of defects repaired and or needing repair
* Performs brake inspection to include lubricating bearings, checking and replacing worn components, installation of brake shoes and final adjustments of all wheel end components
* Repairs minor damage to interior and/or exterior of trucks/trailers and/or other equipment including, but not limited to, torn seats, broken windows, door panels, and windshields, minor dents, and cosmetic paint damage
* Ability to effectively interface with customers.
* Clear understanding of State and Federal regulations concerning hours worked and transporting Hazardous Materials.
Knowledge of: Methods, materials, equipment and safety procedures utilized in the maintenance of their or either diesel or gasoline engines, electrical systems, fueling systems, Skully system, system, Tanker plumbing, and other systems found in heavy equipment and other vehicles.
Shop math, vehicle operations and safety.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* 2 years' experience as a heavy equipment or automotive mechanic; OR Successful completion of a 2-year, full-time training program in automotive technology or heavy-duty truck maintenance and repair from an accredited trade or vocation school; OR 1 year work full time vocational (30 semester units) and 1 year experience as a heavy equipment or automotive mechanic.
* Basic understanding of DOT CFR 40, North American out of Service Criteria, CHP regulations.
* Experience with air brake system, Ability to troubleshoot, repair and adjust different types of air brake systems.
* Must have and maintain a current California commercial driver license(B or A) with hazardous materials, tanker and air brake endorsements. If the candidate does not possess the aforementioned, must have the ability to obtain within the first 90 days of employment.
* Lift and move objects weighing up to 75 pounds
* Must possess the ability to climb up and down a ladder independently.
* Ability to work around Hazardous Materials such as gasoline and diesel, paint, solvents, etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* 401K with company match
* Fuel discount program
* Wellness Programs
* Employee Discount Programs
* Recognition Programs
* Education Assistance
Fueling business. Powering progress.
Originally founded in 1930, SC Fuels is one of the oldest and largest petroleum distributors in the United States. Serving more than 11,000 customers annually, ranging from small family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies, we deliver gasoline, diesel fuel, alternative fuels and other petroleum products and related services in over 15 western states at the most competitive prices. Our leadership also extends to fleet card services with a fueling network of over 230,000 cardlock sites, truck stops and retail stations nationwide.
SC Fuels is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled