Employment Type: Full-Time
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Grind, sand, and polish stainless products.
* Correct defects.
* Prepare surface for further finishing.
* Mark cracks and splits for repair.
* Polish and grind materials according to specification
* Load or remove work pieces from work tables.
* Clean equipment and work tables.
* Ability to read a blue print.
* Maintain production efficiency levels
* Complete Traveler fully and accurately
* Communicate, support and reinforce the values of the organization professionally
* Work in a team environment and be supportive of all company initiatives
* Maintain a safe and organized work area
* Maintain or repair equipment.
* Follow guidelines and templates.
* Able to read and understand Bill of Materials (BOM) and Routers.
* Must know what components are, in relation to the Bill of Materials.
* Must be able to read assembly instructions to assemble product.
* Examines feels surface of metal to detect defects, like dents, scratches, or breaks in metal.
* Removes dents and fills uneven surface .
* Smooths surface of item to specified finish, using hand tools powered tools.
* May polish metal surface, using powered polishing wheel or belt
* Other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
* Minimum 5 plus years' experience in metal forming, grinding, weld inspecting, and surface preparation with hand tools, abrasives or solvents. Abilities in removing dents, reshaping sheet metal of exotic metals such as Titanium, Hastelloy, Inconel, SS and aluminum.
* Knowledgeable in using and reading precision measuring tools and equipment (calipers, height gauges, OD/ID micrometers CMM) as well as pneumatic grinding tools(90 degree grinders, cutters and polishers).
* Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively with all members of the team from various backgrounds
* Ability to follow detailed instructions and complete accurate work at a rapid pace.
* Meet scheduling deadlines
* Overtime may be required, including weekends.
* Competency in reading and comprehending simple instructions and in reading short memos.
* Ability to apply a common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
RBC Bearings offers a competitive benefit package. Interested candidates may send resumes to:
firstname.lastname@example.org EEO Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
We are a subsidiary of RBC Bearings, Inc. (ROLL). EEO/AAP