Test Rework Operator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Category (For Job Seekers)
11611 - PCB Costa Mesa California USA - Costa Mesa, CA 92626 US (Primary)
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Test Rework Operator
This is a 2nd shift Position
The Test Rework Operator will receive boards from the test operation and perform a validation test to seek and identify shorts and opens and repair them when possible. Rework Operator will use a computer showing net locations and an ohm meter as part of the troubleshoot process. Handles boards according to specified procedures.
Nature of Duties:
* Sets up PCB testing equipment according to Tooling number.
* May run test panel to test machine setup. Loads boards, runs test programs and sort boards by pass/fail status.
* Attaches machine printout of defect to failed boards.
* Reviews Tester's diagnosis of board's circuit defect.
* Visually examines board and schematic to identify circuit pattern.
* Uses continuity multi-meter to check circuit status.
* Identifies and labels circuit defects.
* May take controlled impedance measurements and troubleshoot test problems.
* Maintains test logs. Monitors test results.
* Keeps all charts accurate and up to date. Maintains required production logs.
* Maintains an orderly work area; performs general housekeeping duties.
* Follows safety rules; utilizes protective clothing (eye protection) and equipment; reports safety hazards and incidents to supervisors.
* Perform rework of PCB's.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum 1 to 2 years previous manufacturing experience.
* Working knowledge of one or more Electrical Test machines and basic ability to perform troubleshooting and rework operations.
* Ability to perform close visual inspections of boards.
* Ability/willingness to perform highly repetitive machine operations.
* Ability to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to perform basic math calculations related to statistical process control and production records.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
This is an ITAR facility and applicant must be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.