Employment Type: Part-Time
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the 'posting date'. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a hard-working Project Controller who can implement and improve project management services for their assigned programs. Are you passionate about using your experience to provide detailed analysis and recommendations to leadership? This role could be a great fit!
In this role, you will be responsible for developing analysis and reporting associated with various project controls job duties, such as project baseline, work package agreements, scheduling, cost control, cost estimation, earned value management (EVM), projections, variance analysis, project/program/portfolio integration, and/or technical project reviews.
On any given day, you may be called upon to:
* Plan, monitor, control, and report on project cost/schedule/scope
* Represent the company externally with sponsors and vendors
* Resolve policy or contracting issues affecting program success
* Manage communication to program/project customers
* Ensure that all work is identified, defined, and appropriately managed
* Maintain data integrity of program information
* Support all internal and external reviews, assessments, and audits
* Ensure timely generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and disposition of project artifacts
Qualifications We Require
* Bachelor's degree in Business or other relevant field plus five or more years of relevant experience; or Master's degree in relevant field plus one or more years of relevant experience
* Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
* Active Q or Top Secret clearance
* Knowledge of the Nuclear Weapons complex and product realization process
* Experience working with the Department of Energy, the National Nuclear Security Administration, or the Department of Defense
* Project management education and certification(s)
* Experience and familiarity with scheduling tools and Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology
* Proficiency in tools and applications commonly employed in project management activities
* Demonstrated teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, project sponsors and customers, and suppliers
* Demonstrated ability to communicate well and partner with management, customers, and technical staff
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
About Our Team
Org 8124 provides a unique blend of technical experience, project management, and project controls expertise to enable PM excellence in Telemetry and Weapons Subsystems for our Center 8400 matrixed partners. Our embedded PM teams deliver high-caliber services and products for a multitude of mission essential Nuclear Deterrence (ND) needs across the component space for Sandia's modernization and stockpile programs.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
* Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
* Extraordinary co-workers
* Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
* Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
* Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
* Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
* These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.