Certified Medical Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under direct supervision and within established scope of practice, assists the provider with examinations, treatments, and special procedures of patients as directed by San Ysidro Health policies and procedures in a clinic setting.
* Upholds San Ysidro Health's Policies and Procedures, Core Values and competencies and applicable state, federal and local laws.
* Performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by licensed health care providers following established clinical protocols and policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities.
* Assists assigned physician(s) and/or other health care professional(s).
* Performs routine clerical functions as assigned (i.e. data entry, answering, screening, and directing phone calls as needed and scheduling appointments).
* Completes chart preparation and huddles with Provider to effectively plan for scheduled patients.
* Completes outreach utilizing recall lists and implements standing protocols to address care gaps.
* Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and other pertinent information as required by specific clinic.
* Documents pertinent patient information, procedures and patient responses in patients' EHR, following established SYH guidelines and maintaining patient confidentiality.
* Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
* Applies principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control policy and procedures.
* Handles inventories and orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials throughout the day as needed.
* Performs point of care testing, including but not limited to urine tests, pregnancy tests, A1C, and others as directed.
* Assists the physician with therapeutic and diagnostic patient care functions which may require sterile technique, removal or application of dressings, suturing or wound care.
* Performs inhalation treatments, EKG, visual testing, and audiometric testing.
* Prepares and administers immunizations and medications (oral and injections) as directed by physician order and in accordance to SYH policy and procedure.
* Participates and responds, when assigned to clinical emergency codes.
* Autoclave: cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking of instruments.
* Immunization coordination: oversight and management of clinic's routine and emergency vaccine plan.
Specific Functions for the Mi Clinica Clinic:
* New Employee Health screening coordination.
* Lab order processing.
* Daily and monthly QA on all clinic equipment.
* Maintain Nursing inventory logs.
* Clinic use medication ordering.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Customer Service/ Patient-Centered Care
* Practices customer service standards as defined by SYH and specified clinic.
* Anticipates the customer's needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
* Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests.
* Facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
* Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
* Effective team member who is adaptable, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
* Works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
* Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
* Takes accountability for own actions.
* Actively participates in departmental professional development activities.
* Adheres to Attendance Policy.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
* Completion of externship required by Medical Assisting Program.
* Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification (American Heart Association)
* Ability to read, write and comprehend medical information and terminology.
* Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
* Demonstrated ability to use personal computer.
* Demonstrated ability to use wheelchair, EKG, gurney table, vital machine, pulse oximeter, autoclave.
Spanish, Tagalog, or Arabic language.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
* Continuous standing/walking/twisting.
* Occasionally lifts pushes and/or transfers patients.
* Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness).
* May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
* Reliable transportation necessary for occasional traveling to assist with providing coverage at SYH clinics within San Diego
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
* Pay Type Hourly
* 255 N Ash St, Escondido, CA 92027, USA