Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring the effective operation, delivery, and administration of the company benefits programs in accordance with strategic objectives and all local, state and federal regulations.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Leads, develops and retains an engaged and high performing team.
* Reviews and analyzes all benefit programs to management by studying employee needs, compares against benchmark data and trends and recommends plan changes or amendments.
* Manages and oversees all benefits plan designs and related processes, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, HSA/FSAs, 162, etc.
* Oversees the open enrollment process, including plan renewals, partnering with brokers and benefits carriers, leadership engagement, and employee communications
* Provides regular reporting to management on benefit utilization and claims to premium analysis
* Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
* Maintains benefit systems by initiating new-hire benefits and recording changes.
* Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
* Ensure employee benefits policies and records are up-to-date and compliant with Federal and State requirements and advises management on needed actions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience.
Certifications/Licenses Required: Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation is preferred.
* At least five years benefits experience including but not limited to medical, dental, vision and retirement programs.
* At least 3 years' experience managing others.
* Demonstrated understanding of current benefits laws and regulations (including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, PFL and other benefit regulations).
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Experience working with benefits software systems or platforms, preferably Dayforce.
* Strong written/verbal communication skills with the proven ability to interact with and present to employees at all levels of the organization
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job: Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills. Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with
all levels of employees and management.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job: Strong knowledge of management principles and practice. Good organizational and analytical skills. Ability to prioritize. Ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints. MS Excel, Word.
Equipment Used: Office Equipment such as computers, copiers, telephone, fax machines, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Prolonged sitting position. Traveling to other clinic sites and within County. May be required to work evenings and/or weekends and attend meetings outside of regular working hours.
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
* Pay Type Salary
* 1601 Precision Park Ln, San Diego, CA 92173, USA