Employment Type: Full-Time
This opportunity is open to all interested candidates.
San Diego Unified School District, the second largest district in California and one of the top largest urban school districts in the United States, is looking for leaders who care deeply for students, inspire passion in their coworkers through collaborative leadership and are committed to the communities in which they serve. Successful candidates must demonstrate their skill as an instructional leader, a firm understanding of school operations as well as the capacity to build strong relationships with all stakeholders within a school community.
The Principal will serve under the governing board and the superintendent as the chief executive officer of the school with total responsibility to serve as site instructional leader and to manage all affairs of the school consistent with district policy and procedures, including general control and supervision of certificated and classified employees assigned to serve in the school.
* Working Location is Foster Elementary School - 6550 51st St San Diego CA 92120-2712
* Scheduled for 219 days per year
* Qualifies for District Paid health and wellness benefits for employee and dependents
Examples of Duties
* -Serve as the instructional leader on one or more school campuses.
* -Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the integrity of the instructional program.
* -Build relationships in order to support the skill development of certificated and classified staff.
* -Develop school plans and organizational procedures to protect the health and safety of students and staff on campus.
To view the detailed job description forPrincipal,click here. Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience as a vice-principal or comparable administrative experience and a demonstrated record of effective administrative and related instructional leadership experience as evidenced by most recent job performance evaluation.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California Administrative Services Credential.
Valid California Driver's License and availability of private transportation.
To be eligible for consideration, interested candidates must submit the following items:
* Online employment application
* A completed online employment application must be submitted/received electronically by the closing date. This application must include all current and previous work history and education.
* Paper applications are not accepted.
Answer all supplemental questions
* The supplemental questions should be answered thoroughly, clearly and concisely as the responses provided (along with the entire application package) will be carefully reviewed to determine which candidates will move forward in the recruitment process.
Attach required documents
* Resume must reflect current and past work and accomplishments.
* A resume is to be attached, but does NOT substituted for completing work history, education sections, or the supplemental questions of the employment application.
* Letter of Introduction
* Letters of recommendation
* Additional documents, if any, may/should be attached to the online employment application.
* Submit a 1-minute video introduction. Please share why you have applied for this school including how your leadership experience aligns with this school's program.
* Since you cannot directly attach a video to your application. You must copy/paste the video link as your answer to the corresponding Supplemental Question.Please be sure the link is UNLOCKED, not password protected, and DOES NOT require a login to any other platform. Direct, UNLOCKED, links to videos saved to Youtube or Google Drive work well.
Candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process may be invited to one or both of the following interviews.
* First Interview
* Level 1 interviews for AASD members* and other candidates will tentatively be held on Monday, April 19, 2021 with location to be determined.
* *Special Note:AASD members will be given Priority Consideration for this position based on Article 7 of the current collective bargaining unit and by applying online / submitting the required attachments.
* Candidates who are successful in the Level 1 interviews may be invited to the next level of interviews to tentatively be held on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
For questions regarding this job announcement including priority consideration, please contact Jane Kennington, Human Resources Analyst at email@example.com.
The San Diego Unified School District communicates information regarding the hiring process via email. Please be aware that the District is not responsible for messages blocked by your email service. In an effort to allow our emails through your personal spam filter, you can try to add the firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe senders list.
The San Diego Unified School District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, immigration status, association with a group with one or more actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Title IX Coordinator's contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org, 619.725.8000 or by mail, 4100 Normal Street, San Diego, CA 92103. It is the policy of San Diego Unified School District to maintain a drug-free workplace. If needed, individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request accommodation.