Senior Manager of Communications
Employment Type: Full-Time
We're searching for a Senior Manager of Communications to join the North America Service Business (NASB) at Samsung Electronics America. This position will be based in Mountain View, CA or Los Angeles, CA.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager of Communications will be focused on PR initiatives around the Samsung ecosystem of content partners and services. This individual will report into the Head of Marketing & Communications to support all key strategic partnerships and proprietary services across TV and mobile. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to drafting press releases, reviewing and editing partner releases, planning launch strategies, gathering internal and external stakeholder approvals, media monitoring/tracking, agency management, research/preparation for exec speaking opportunities and industry events.
This person will have impeccable communication skills and will manage regular communication with HQ and NASB leadership stakeholders.
This role will work closely with the Product Marketing Leads, Product Managers, Business Development leads and broader SEA PR Team to support business objectives.
* Media & Analyst Relations
* Service and Partnership Launches
* Strategic Counsel and Messaging
* Creative Story Development
* Integrated Communications
* Agency Management
Skills and Qualifications
* 8+ years of experience in PR or corporate communications with a knowledge of consumer, tech and business media
* Strong writing skills with the ability to draft compelling and relevant pitches
* Experience creating and presenting both strategy plans and recap decks to track performance towards goals
* A deep understanding of the OTT landscape, including our partners and competitors
* Experience with risk mitigation and management
* Ability to juggle multiple priority projects at once without sacrificing quality or attention to detail
* Constant dissatisfaction with the status quo and an infectious desire to push boundaries to drive growth
* Comfort with ambiguity and continuous change in a fast-paced environment
* Cross-organizational collaboration with ability to influence without authority
* A bias for action and the ability to successfully serve multiple constituents and effectively manage one's own time and the time of others
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA BIG THINGS HAPPEN HERE. The amazing products for which Samsung is known world-wide are the results of the amazing people who work here. Their talent, creativity, dedication, and commitment to innovation are what make us who we are. To continue to be a world leader in technology, we focus on attracting the best talent available and offer a corporate culture in which every individual can challenge themselves to discover how good they are, and how great they can become. With major offices in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Richardson, TX and Mountain View, CA, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and a world leader in technology. We market a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, smartphones, information systems, and home appliances. Samsung's philosophy is based on our strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation and responsibility to corporate citizenship. As a result of our commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. Our company is currently ranked #7 in Interbrand's '100 Best Global Brands,' and named #3 on the Boston Consulting Group list as one of the world's most innovative companies in 2014. At Samsung we work hard - every day. It is a fast-paced and challenging work environment, and we are a nimble team that constantly pushes ourselves to be the best. If you have energy, passion, dedication and drive, and you thrive in a fast-paced workplace, the rewards at Samsung are many. Imagine working for a global company that is a world leader in innovation, in an environment where exciting things happen every day. Imagine working with an amazing group of visionaries/ individuals who make products that bring joy to millions of people across the globe every single day. Imagine where you want to be, and who you want to be. At Samsung...the possibilities are limitless. To this end, we follow various protocols during the recruitment process, including but not limited to, avoiding the inadvertent disclosure of confidential information of the applicant's former employer. Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.