VP, Partner Account Management - Tableau
Employment Type: Full-Time
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Alliances & Channels
What you'll be doing…
Vice President, Partner Account Management will strategically and tactically drive revenue (resell and joint sales), capability building, customer deployment and adoption, and customer success/renewals performance through Tableau's partners across the Americas, including Resellers, System Integrators, and other Solution Providers such as future embedded partnerships.
As a critical member of the Americas Leadership team, the VP, Partner Account Management will architect a partner ecosystem that will take Tableau Americas to the next level of growth. The VP will drive retention across all customer segments (Enterprise, Commercial and SMB) and verticals and continue to dramatically increase partner contribution in the Region. This will require working closely with Americas' Direct Sales Leaders across the US, Canada, and Latin America to determine the right strategy for each country and customer segment, aligning resources appropriately, and then coaching and engaging the team on implementation of this strategy.
The VP, Partner Account Management will refine the current Americas partner ecosystem to engage and activate partners across key business activities, including recruitment (aligned to strategic profiling), enablement, demand generation, sales, and customer support. The VP will implement regional sales programs that support the Tableau sales teams to better leverage partners. Additionally, this leader will work as an active member of the Tableau WW Partner Leadership Team to contribute to the global partner strategy, program design, implementation of policies and processes, and to represent the Americas' interests as that global strategy and supporting initiatives are defined.
* Lead the Americas Partner team in the development of fiscal year and 3-5 year ecosystem strategies that complement the global strategies by country in alignment with Americas' sales goals by customer segment and vertical.
* Executive ROB around monthly, quarterly and fiscal year rhythms for the partner business across Americas and into WW PLT and WW Sales.
* Structure a holistic approach to build capacity and capability within the Americas partner ecosystem and coach the team on crafting business cases for resource investment, tracking the ROI when executed.
* Coach the Americas Partner team on continuing to ramp a strong co-selling discipline as well as holistic partner management to ensure each partner has quality Tableau practices to serve local markets, vertical expertise to leverage, and commits to selling and implementing the full array of Tableau offerings to support customers' needs. This position carries quota goals on resell, co-selling, and renewals as well as capability and solution goals for the Americas.
* Executive management and sponsorship of the regional partner managers and mentoring and best practice sharing with peers on the WW Partner Leadership Team as well as across the Americas Region.
* Establish strong executive relationships across the Tableau Americas LT as well as with peers in Salesforce's Americas Partner team and OU management to help drive synergy in market.
* Inspire and lead the Americas Partner team, building a team culture of Impact, Fun, Collaboration, and Authenticity as well as Customer Success.
* Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders. Leaders are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world. This team will continue to expand with success so having a pipeline of candidates at the ready for leadership positions is important.
Who you are…
* Executive Leadership and Management skills, with the ability to take ownership and responsibility as a manager of managers for a senior, fast-paced, growing team.
* Sales and business value outcome orientation with strong problem-solving skills and acumen. Drives a culture of strong business execution and outcome orientation.
* Skilled at influencing others, both externally and internally; ability to work effectively and build consensus across matrixed functional groups to achieve goals.
* Ability to work as a peer to and advise Regional SVPs, AVPs, and Country Managers across both Tableau and Salesforce.
* Excellent executive-level written and oral communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated track record as a top Partner Sales leader for software companies across multiple countries while working at companies known for effective, best-practices channel organizations.
* High judgment, bias for action, and demonstrated ability to deliver results.
* 10+ years of work experience with Resell (single and two-tier), SI, ISV, and OEM partners with active co-selling metrics (majority in software). Has managed teams that span multiple geographies.
* A strong track record of coaching teams on profiling, recruiting, enabling, and activating partners.
* Experience with and\or deep understanding of analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, and\or business intelligence preferred.
* Extensive channel and partner management experience with knowledge of a wide range of channel and partner types, understanding how to build and develop software sales partnerships and routes to market, and a strong understanding of the Americas market and regional nuances.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
As a federal contractor, Salesforce is required to verify that all US-based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.