Manager, User Research
Employment Type: Full-Time
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
What you'll be doing…
Are you passionate about helping people see and understand data? Do you want to help individuals and organizations unlock the full potential of their data? Join Tableau as a User Research Manager in the area of Data Management and work on Tableau Prep, Tableau Catalog, Tableau CRM, Salesforce and more!
Data management is a crucial first step to employing data analysis at scale. With effective data management people across an organization can find and access trusted data.The Data Management User Research team leads efforts to innovate and build new experiences for the preparation, management, and discovery of data.
As a people manager on the user research team you will establish a research agenda and support the user researchers on your team. You will leverage your knowledge and skills to help people solve the world's problems with data. You will develop a deep knowledge of user workflows and motivations while uncovering barriers to using data. You will communicate insights to both leadership and feature teams to create experiences that customers need and love.
Job responsibilities include…
* Manage and grow a team of exceptional user researchers.
* Guide user researchers in designing and executing research projects.
* Develop relationships with development and product management leaders.
* Defining and managing research priorities with stakeholders to achieve the greatest customer success
* Elevate customer insights to influence product strategy.
* Develop and share expertise related to how people manage, prepare, and govern data in enterprise settings.
* Build the tools and practices necessary to support ongoing, iterative research for a large development team.
* Find, attract, and facilitate the growth of user research talent.
* An advanced understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods, such as that gained through a Master's or Doctoral degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or comparable work-related experience.
* Experience. You have 2+ years' experience as a manager of an industry user research team with a strong portfolio of shipping software products. Experience working in enterprise software, analytics, or cloud services is a plus.
* Empathy. You are an empathetic listener who excels at servant leadership.
* Persuasiveness. You have great communication and interpersonal skills.
* Desire to learn. You are curious about technology and can dive deep into complex or unfamiliar topics. Prior experience with database systems, ETL, data preparation, or data management is a plus.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.