Employment Type: Full-Time
This position will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of all capital projects for the Chowchilla facility. Incumbent will be responsible for developing and managing engineering project work and coordinating Project work through the direction of a support staff of engineers and outside resources. This position has responsibility for project planning, equipment-design, budget recommendations and project administration related scope, cost and schedules. This individual must possess strong technical skills to support all aspects of the manufacturing facility in Chowchilla. This position will be reporting directly to the Plant Manager. In addition, this individual must work closely with the Corporate R & D / Centralized Engineering Group to review and develop technical aspects of capital projects and the Finance and Accounting Groups to develop capital budgets and financial justifications.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Chowchilla Engineering Group Management
* Direct, train and support the Chowchilla Engineering Resources (2 Direct reports)
* Responsible for Project Planning, Development, Equipment Design and Implementation
* Project Reviews and Updates to IG Management
* Resource Allocation and Organization
* Cost Control and Monitoring of Projects
* Capital Planning and Budgeting; $2MM - 10MM Yearly
* Ensure all Policies and Standards are met and maintained
* Personnel Evaluations
* POR Preparation and Reporting
* Involvement with Plant Safety Initiatives and Requirements. Responsible to ensure Compliance with all OSHA Federal and State regulations.
Capital Project Management
* Determine Project Scope, Schedule, Costs and Benefits
* Work with the Plant personnel and Finance Group to Develop Cost/Benefit Analysis and Financial Justifications
* Prepare Required Project Funding Documentation; 4 Block Forms, ARs, PDRs
* Develop and Manage the Project Team Consisting of: Internal IG Personnel, Consultants and Contractors
* Specifications and Requisition of all Materials and Contractors - Ensuring That Plant, IG Corporate, OSHA and Federal Policies and Standards are met and maintained
* Checkout of all Equipment Prior to Installation and Startup.
* Project Supervision during the construction and Installation Phases of the project
* Manage the project Commitments and Expenditures to Ensure the Project in On-time and Within Budget
* Assist with the startup and training
* Conduct Project Review Meetings with the project Team, Plant and Upper Management
Manage Continuous Improvement Process
* Provide day to day Technical Support to plant personnel
* Develop projects that will improve Safety, Quality, Service and Efficiencies
* Responsible for Risk Management (GAPS)\Maintain Engineering and ISO Documentation for the Plant
* Support other plant activities such as 5S, energy conservation, root cause analysis, and etc.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline is required.
* Also requires a minimum 8-10 years maintenance and or engineering experience in a glass facility or similar manufacturing environment involving plant processes, packaging, and material handling equipment.
* Team development skills, strong supervisory and leadership skills, sound financial understanding and attention to detail are essential.
* High level of proficiency in current software programs. (AutoCAD, MS Office, Solid Works etc.)
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan 'Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed,' inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.