Space to Ground Integration Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure mission success.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer to lead the space to ground integration effort for the next generation of Space Force Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) satellites. Candidate will be an expert on the space to ground interface requirements including both the SV and ground processing side of the Interface Control Document (ICD). Candidate will have familiarity with a suite of systems engineering tools to support interface development, requirements traceability, configuration management, architecture analysis, configuration management and engineering reviews using Agile practices in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment. Candidate should have experience with various phases of the systems engineering lifecycle that include architecture, operational concepts, requirements and interface development activities for space and ground systems.
Major duties of the position include:
* Evaluating current space and ground systems and integrity of draft space to ground ICD
* Evaluating changes to Command and Control technical requirements documents for both SV and Mission Payloads
* Evaluating interface impacts from changes to secondary payloads
* Using MBSE tools (i.e. Sparx EA, Cameo) to input and generate ICD updates for change assessment and board processing.
* Evaluating and refining technical requirements to accurately state interface capabilities.
* Supporting Modeling & Simulation activities, performing trade analysis and presenting recommendations.
* Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Space Force.
* Evaluating and refining DoDAF views to accurately incorporate interface definitions.
* Evaluating and refining CONOPS/OPSCONs to ensure alignment with interface requirements.
* Conducting formal reviews of interface documents and incorporating feedback.
* Controlling, baselining and managing interfaces in accordance with CM/DM Processes.
* Using DI2E to implement Agile practices and participate in Agile development activities.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
* Master's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 12+ Years of demonstrated systems engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD or NRO programs with a proven delivery record, or a Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 14+ Years of demonstrated experience.
* Experience with analyzing and developing complex system architectures, with a focus on developing system interfaces and interface design documents.
* Strong understanding of systems engineering fundamentals and the lifecycle development process
* Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
* Experience working with tools, such as, DOORS, Sparx Enterprise Architect, Cameo, Active Risk Manager, or other similar systems engineering tools.
* Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
* Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.
* OPIR Mission experience is highly desirable.
* Experience coordinating across different contractors for space and ground integration
Understanding of and experience with U.S. Space Force acquisition
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.