Navy Integrated Air Defense SME
Employment Type: Full-Time
SAIC is in need of a Navy Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) subject matter expert to provide advanced, high-level pre-deployment training for Carrier Strike Group and Expeditionary Strike Group Air Defense Commanders and their teams. This position is for someone who is passionate about training and ensuring our Naval Forces are fully trained and ready for deployment. Place of performance is San Diego, CA, with occasional travel to Fleet Concentration Areas. Work is in support of war games and integrated fleet training.
The IAMD SME will:
* Develop advanced war game scenarios to support training in air defense and air warfare for Navy strike group Air Defense commanders and staffs
* Facilitate war game execution and accomplishment of training objectives by managing air defense scenario aspects, role-playing air defense components as required, and/or working with the training audience to manage the scenario
* Be prepared to facilitate tactical air defense planning seminars
* Liaise with Navy and Joint centers of excellence, and provide SME support to program in latest USN doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures for IAMD
Required Education and Experience:
* 10+ Years with BA - Additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
* Minimum of 10 years demonstrated expertise in planning, implementation and execution of Navy IAMD tactics, direction and employment of warships and aircraft, and coordination requirements between air defense components, warfare commanders, subordinate units, and higher headquarters.
* Secret Clearance
* Qualification as Aircraft Mission Commander for E-2, F/A-18, F-35, or AEGIS Tactical Action Officer, or equivalent similar designation
* Thorough knowledge of air defense unit capabilities and limitations, such as radar capabilities, missile capabilities, warship and aircraft capabilities
* Experience translating air defense training objectives into a comprehensive war game exercise
* Desired experience includes Weapons and Tactics Instructors, from SWO, F/A-18, and E-2 communities
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.