Sr. Technical Writer
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a full-time technical writer to join our Documentation team in San Jose, CA.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to plan and write content for our cloud-based financial and reporting applications while also working with your colleagues on the Documentation team to improve the customer experience.
As Sr. Technical Writer, you will create content that helps users learn and get the most out of our product. Your focus will be on determining how to best support a user's ability to self-service their information needs, through a combination of help content, user interface text, release notes, videos, and other means.
Working as a member of a cross-functional product team, you will use your background in content strategy, user interface, and finance or accounting to contribute to feature development from the ground up.
You might be a great fit for our team if:
* You are curious and tenacious in your quest for product knowledge.
* You like digging into software and finding all the tiny details of your features, even the bonus details nobody told you about.
* You are persistent and determined when chasing down information and getting reviews.
* You have the soft skills to work with many types of people in a very fast-paced environment.
* You don't mind flexing your days to accommodate early-morning or late-night meetings.
* You love words!
* Drive all aspects of documentation development from planning through release.
* Plan content that supports users' information needs, using a mixture of help topics, release notes, field help, onscreen text, instructional videos, and other supporting content.
* Research, write, and maintain high-quality content, ensuring that up-to-date material is accessible and available to customers.
* Interview subject matter experts and get hands-on with the product, learning all aspects of product setup and usage.
* Review or create user interface text, such as field and menu labels, in collaboration with product managers and user experience designers.
* 5 to 10+ years' experience as a technical writer.
* Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
* Experience writing technical customer-facing material, including online content.
* Experience creating content plans, including audience and task analysis.
* Ability to write clear, detailed instructions, through hands-on product usage and collaboration with the product team.
* Ability to write and edit within tight deadlines.
* Proficiency in Madcap Flare, RoboHelp, or other online authoring tools.
* Experience with accounting principles and financial software is desired.