Group Logistics Manager - Dedicated Transportation
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARDWITHRYDER!
During these unprecedented times, Ryder is on the front lines ensuring that essential items and goods make it to our customers and businesses across North America; all while focusing on leading the industry in keeping our employees and customers safe, protected and healthy. Come join our mission and become a vital player in keeping the global economy running!
If you are up to the challenge, Apply Now to work for one of the largest and most respected names in Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
The Group Logistics Manager manages the overall financial, operational and employee aspects of multiple accounts. This individual is responsible for the profitable retention and growth of business within his/her span of control (multiple accounts), while ensuring that financial, employee, safety and customer satisfaction goals are met.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to directly affect your income and work/life balance based on your personal performance.
- Internal management development with a clear line-of-sight and time-frame to your next-level position.
- Additional and local Ryder resources and business verticals to help overcome any obstacle or challenge you encounter.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with Ryder's core values: Communication, Honesty, Performance Excellence and be able to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If you work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Goal setting, skills assessment, IDPs, career development, performance evaluation, on-going employee feedback. disciplinary actions. Warning Documentation (performance/disciplinary reviews). Performance Improvement Plans for CLS. Identify situations that needs to be elevated to the director.
- Developing direct and indirect reports. Relevant HR Skills Training information. Providing on-going employee feedback. Conducting quality and effective selection of qualified personnel. Maintaining corrective staffing levels to avoid unnecessary use of outside labor.
- Creating location processes and maintaining SCLM. Cross-training of CLS and CLC.
- Customer satisfaction/problem resolution. Review of KPI tracking and improvement. Ensure that all staff is trained in Transportation/Distribution Management.
- Improve employee retention. Reduce number of accidents against previous year. Ensure that unnecessary overtime is reviewed and reduced. Collision/Team Safety Reporting follow up with LM. Supervisor First Report of Injury reporting follow up with LM.
- Recommend location process initiation and/or improvement and assign responsibility to CLC/CLS. Conduct on-going self-audits of location processes and individual accountabilities.
- SOX invoice reconciliation to FFM designee (if highest level at account). SOX revenue recognition preparation FFM designee (if highest level at account). Invoice to customer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated project management and facilitation skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics or supply chain
- Seven (7) years or more in relevant logistics and transportation experience with a major carrier, dedicated contract or shipper required
- Six (6) years or more in supply chain, logistics, warehouse or industry related field required
- Seven (7) years or more demonstrated experience in developing complete logistics product plans and their implementation required
- Four (4) years or more supervisory experience required managing/leading direct reports required
- Three (3) years or more in profit & loss required
- One (1) year or more with customer interaction required
- Seven (7) years or more demonstrated experience in developing and implementing complete logistics solutions and project management skills required
- Two (2) years or more in sales required
- Seven (7) years or more with multi-clients required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.