Employment Type: Full-Time
Ryan Herco Flow Solutions is the leading nation-wide distributor of fluid handling products providing ultrapure, corrosion-resistant fluid handling systems and expertise. We sell to a broad base of customers in industries such as electronic component and equipment manufacturers, chemical manufacturers, water & waste treatment, metal finishing, pollution control and life sciences companies. We also serve the construction market through mechanical contractors.
Ryan Herco offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay, a floating holiday, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) with Company match. Our greatest benefit is the opportunity for career advancement! We promote from within and value employees who contribute to our companys growth.
About the Opportunity:
We are currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Transportation Manager at our Corporate office in Burbank, CA.
Directs the effectiveness of internal, third party and contract carriage systems. Manages operational details for timely and cost efficient transportation of incoming and outgoing shipments. Plans and assures adequate equipment for storage, loading, and delivery of goods. Responsible for routing, budget administration, freight bill presentation, and contract negotiations. Works with international carriers and freight forwarders to streamline the flow of goods across international borders and through customs. Interact domestically to champion Master and Regional branch system for various customer segments and localized, national logistics requirements. Drive software solutions for maximizing automation and systemic decision-making.
Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Decision-Making Authority:
* Manage the performance of domestic/international carriers and logistics intermediaries
* Evaluates trade-offs between transportation costs, inventory costs, and service levels
* Develops strategies and processes for supporting current and expanding markets
* Works with packaging to effectively protect and transport products
* Negotiates and administers carrier agreements
* Budgets and controls expenses
* Determines economical traffic patterns and specifies routes
* Liaise with cross-functional personnel to support fulfillment, transport, and delivery of product
Typical Decisions Made:
* Strategic input related to multiple transport modes for effective global product distribution
* Technical details for resolving non-routine physical distribution challenges
* Knowledge of international commerce to manage global supply chain processes
* Design and manage systemic transportation solutions working closely with interdisciplinary teams
* Identify and implement cost reductions, margin and process improvement opportunities
* Handle operational and management actions, ensuring performance optimization for a scaling business
* College degree or commensurate experience (three to five years in industrial transportation operations, logistics, consolidator systems, physical distribution). Masters preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to maintain cooperative working relationship with all levels of personnel
* Effective administrator and communicator
* Strong management and computer skills
* Knowledgeable in all aspects of domestic and international commerce, sales/payment terms, regulations
* Ability to formulate and implement contracts
* Understanding of costing, performance measurement, and inventory control
Ryan Herco Flow Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent on successful completion of background investigation and drug screen.